No announcement yet.

'Internal setup error. Contact Support.' when installing 4.06, but not for 4.03

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Internal setup error. Contact Support.' when installing 4.06, but not for 4.03

I already had 4.03, but wanted to install 4.06. When running setup after accepting the SPTD license I get a 'Internal setup error. Contact Support.' error message and setup exits. I searched the forums and found a lot of stuff, but nothing helped.

I removed SPTD and rebooted. I then tried to install 4.06 again and it wanted to install SPTD 1.29, which it did. I needed to reboot again. I then tried to install 4.06 again, but it failed, as before. I tried to install 4.03 again, and this succeeded. Now I have a working 4.03 with SPTD 1.29, but 4.06 simply won't work.

I don't have anything from DELL installed and I don't have a DELL notebook. I use Windows XP SP2 with all updates. I tried disabling virus scanner, but this didn't help... Also, I have admin rights and 'run as' as the actual real Admin account doesn't help either...

Any suggestions would be appreciated...

Can you try clearing your internet cache and redownload 4.06?

Comment

Anyway, I cleared my Internet cache and redownloaded daemon tools 4.06. I then used a file comparison tool to compare both the installers and they have the same checksum. So, that doens't actually do any good...

Comment

How to install it

How to install Daemon Tools on a Dell with the Wave Embassy suite :
        - Download daemon tools installer .exe
        - In Explorer, right-click the .exe and select Run As.
        - Select Administrator and enter the administrator password.
        - When asked, reboot the system.
        - Again, right-click the .exe and select Run As.
        - Select Administrator and enter the administrator password.
        - Continue the installation

Comment

Working...
        X