SecuROM 7.x & DT 4.0.6 - "Loop-Hole" - :D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SecuROM 7.x & DT 4.0.6 - "Loop-Hole" - :D

After various posts about using the CD/DVD-ROM's "Autorun Menu" to get around the SecuROM 7.x protection (detection of DAEMON Tools), I decided to do some digging around...

*NOTE: This will NOT work for all SecuROM 7 Games, Mainly UbiSoft games, but there is no harm in attempting this with other games too...
    *NOTE: This will also ONLY work with DAEMON Tools 4.0.6

Ok, so here is how it works...

You know that the Autorun (i.e. UbiAutorun.exe) is run from your CD/DVD-ROM lets say E:\
    The game (i.e. GRAW) is run from "C:\Games\GRAW\GRAW.exe"
    Well what the Autorun does is, it runs "C:\Games\GRAW\GRAW.exe" but from the location of your CD/DVD-ROM Device...

Q. So, is there a quick way around this " Loop-Hole"?
    A. YES...

Oh ok, I suppose you want to know how...
    Just edit the games' original shortcut (right-click on the shortcut, select "Properties")
    Now, you only need to change one thing here...
    Change "Start In:" to the path of your CD-DVD-ROM (i.e. "E:\")...
    Click '"Apply" then "Save"... and you are done...

*NOTE: the "Start In:" location does not have to be the CD/DVD-ROM with the your games' image mounted... it can be ANY CD/DVD-ROM Device, as long as the Disc's "Volume Name" is valid/exists...
    I tell you this because some mini-images do NOT have a valid "Volume Name"/"Disc Name", so just make sure "Start In:" points to a CD/DVD-ROM with a real/valid "Disc Name"... else it will give you an error...

The above method should work with... "GRAW", "COJ", "SSam 2"... and others I suspect...

So use this info while you can, cause i'm sure that it will be rectified soon...

Edit:
    @Moderator: sorry was in a mad rush when I posted, this should be moved to "Copy Protections", my bad...
    Last edited by sYk0; 03.10.2006, 11:22.
    Mail:
    curerom @ daemon-tools.cc

Awesome discovery!

I wonder how long this loop hope will work, but since it has been incorporated into the autorun function, there must be a valid reason for its existance (even if I can't think of one).

Comment

Ok, ive done some more digging...

It seems the above method would work for most SecuROM protected games, however, when you start some of the games, they will often give an error after the SecuROM check... this is because the game is looking for its "game contents" at the location of "Start In:"...
      Just thought i'd fill you in...
      Mail:
      curerom @ daemon-tools.cc

Comment

Hm, interesting...

So if you could pretend that the starting location is a CD/DVD drive the securom protection would simply be avoided. I wonder if something practical (e.g. a nice tool) could be made out of this...

Comment

Hi all

Latest daemon 4.06 + securom loader 7.26 do the job for me with all securom 7 games i have. Even with latest GTR2
          http://bsfkillaplace.runboard.com/

Comment

Working...
          X