• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installation Problem

Operating System: Windows XP
    Burning Software: Nero 6.00.19
    Anti-virus Software: NAV 2003
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.41

I tried to install the new version over my old 3.33. During setup I get the following error:
    Device Setup Error: code 25017 (0x61B9)
    122(0x7A). Contact your support personnel.

The old version is now uninstalled and I tried to find the value in the regitry like describe here in the forum. There is no key. So I thought is was cleanly unistalled.
    The device-manager don't show any SCSI-Driver for Deamon-Tools. I rebooted the system and tried it again. Same error.
    After this I renamed the infache.1 to infcache.old and rebooted the system. During installation I get the same error.

Is there any other solution or way to install Daemon-Tools?

Update:
    I tried to install the old 3.32 now with success. No errors and I can mount Images now.
    I think, I must be somthing with the install-routine.

Comment

Operating System: WinXP
      Burning Software: Nero 5
      Anti-virus Software: NAV 8.1.0.825
      DAEMON Tools Version: 3.41

I am getting this exact same error when I try to install it. However, this machine has never had any version of Daemon tools installed. Does anyone have information on how to work around this error?

I have disabled NAV, and I don't have any funny device drivers running on the machine.

Comment

Check that you (as administrator) have proper write permission to keys:

HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Driver Signing
        and
        HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Driver Signing

Also make sure that SYSTEM account has full access to

HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Enum\PCI

Setup will automatically try to correct to situation and assign proper permissions to above keys by itself, but it may fail if current user has not enough privileges to do it! Administrator intervention is reqiured.

In this case 25017 error is reported.

If you want, mail me to venom386@daemon-tools.cc - we may try to
        figure out where exactly the error happens.

Comment

I am running as an admin on my XP box, so the registry keys should not be an issue. I was able to install the older 3.33 version without incident, so this will be my solution for now.

Comment

Contrary to popular belief, the Administrator account is not the most powerful account 8) VeNoM386 stated to make sure SYSTEM has full access to these keys.

Comment

Sorry, I should have mentioned that I did check those keys and the ACLs were all in order for all Admin accounts including the SYSTEM account as well.

Comment

Working...
              X