Conflict with Emulation Software detected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conflict with Emulation Software detected

I recently picked up a copy of "The Guild 2" and have made an image of it using Alchohol %120 so I could play without the DVD in.

The problem is the image works only intermittently, and not very often at that. What happens is (most of the time) when I mount the image using DT 4.06 with all Emu options on, windows pops up the disc folder (as oppose to the proper autorun screen with "Install, Play etc" on it) and when this happens if I try to run the game I get this message:

Conflict with Emulation Software detected.
    Please have a look at http://www.securom.com/message.asp?m=emu&c=1001 for further, more detailed information.

However I have managed to get it to work, I just don't know how. It seems at randoms times when I mount the image, windows pops up the correct screen (with "Install, Play etc" on it) and when this happens I can run the game fine.

The main problem with this problem is it is random. Is this some sort of problem with new SecuRom detecting SCSI drives or something?

EDIT:Why disable emus?

I have tried that and neither SecuRom 7.26 or 1.2 Loader worked. 1.2 is blaklisted and 7.26 only worked at random times (with emus on).

I just tried what you suggested and same thing happens.

P.S. Reply doesn't work for me at all, that's why Im editing.
    Last edited by Supepriccolo; 05.10.2006, 02:23.

First of all DISABLE all emulations while playing from image!
    Then you probably need to use some 3rd party tool, or disable all ATAPI devices in device manager, to get around general SCSI blacklist.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Working...
    X