Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iso bin blindwrite

hello,
    I used blindwrite to make some CD backup and tried several options (such as bin and iso formats)
    what sorted out of these tries is that bin format don't keep tracks of protection and ISO does
    the problem is that the ISO format don't seems to be a ISO one : I use linux too and It can't mount those iso.... so I wonder If somoene could give me information about this format? it seems to be some special iso9660 mode...

daemon loads those image perfectly : can you give me some information (do you use special handlers?)

thanks

I believe iso files can have both 2048 and 2352 block sizes. Maybe linux will only mount 2048 (or vice versa)? If you look at first few bytes of your iso, you will see a bunch of FF's if it is 2352.

Comment

after looking in the file using a hex editor I noticed that BWI/ISO file generated by blindwrite got a APPLE PARTITION TABLE :shock: and an apple partition in HPFS.....
      Is it normal? don't know really about ISO9660 format but I try to find why loopback devices (equivalent of daemon-tools under linux) fail to load the image correctly while CDrtools can burn such image and mount them afterwards....
      loopbacks devices only mount partitions, not raw disks image (ie with a partition inside)

Comment

sorry HFS (not hpfs)

Comment

how does daemon deals with this?
          can a seek to corresponding HFS partition can do the thing?

Comment

Windows is responsible for parsing various partitions. Cdroms (and dtools) only send raw data to windows.

Comment

ok thanks.....
              this don't solve my problem but it helped me a bit

Comment

Working...
              X