Virtual SCSI/RAID host controller not found

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virtual SCSI/RAID host controller not found

This is the error i get w/ the new daemon-tools 4.06. Windows tries to go through the device driver setup and I end up with the yellow exclamation mark in device manager.

This only happens after I use sysprep, so i know that sysprep does something to break the driver, since i must use sysprep and this problem has never happend before, it must be with the new virtual scsi driver.

My queston is simple: If the problem lies in the randomization and virtualization of the scsi driver, is there an automated way for me to install the scsi driver and daemon tools after sysprep has been performed?

I saw an old post pertaining to the daemon tools msi, is there a similar way to installed the scsi driver?

Is it SPTD that breaks or DTools?

Comment

I believe it to be the SPTD driver, is there a way to install it in some automated fashion?

If I could then I will leave daemon tools off the machine and use an automated script to install it after sysprep has done its thing.

It probably has something to do with the dynamic way that the driver name is created in order to avoid detection from blacklisting and the fact that sysprep makes underlying system changes in order to do driver detection. This has never been a problem in the past and I'm guessing that the easiest way to solve it would be to just install d-tools after sysprep is done.

Comment

That would probably work best. Alternatively, you could install SPTD/DTools and then uninstall SPTD before Sysprep. After sysprep, then reinstall SPTD (DTools would already be installed, so no change there). As for silently installing SPTD, I don't know of a way myself. Perhaps someone else does.

Comment

yeah, re-installing does work, the only problem is that i have 35 machines to do it on every time i re-image them, and since they are public, i re-image often, i need some form of scripted or packaged install for d-tools and its scsi driver

Comment

Working...
          X