What is DT Pro ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is DT Pro ?

What is this DT Pro the main page talks about ?
    What it will include and how it will be different from regular DT ?

DT Pro will have image creation capability, virtual IDE, and much more. Just search around the forum.
    Here are some -6 months old- screenshots.

Comment

First thing noticed it will not be free

Btw , if I understood correctly this vIDE allows mounting images as IDE drives unlike SCSI like now.
      What the big difference and why should I care (pay ) ?

Comment

vIDE drives will make SCSI blacklists obsolete, which, apart from a few feeble blacklisting attempts is the only effective way of preventing games to be run from images right now.
        "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Hm... is it legal to blacklist SCSI ?
          I mean if I have SCSI DVD-ROM and bought a game , if I understend correctly it will not play ?

Back to the topic all this vIDE stuff probably means that if I wish just to play my backups I will have to buy Pro version ?
          The regular version can't be used ?

Comment

The SCSI blacklist only blacklists SCSI drives if it detects IDE optical drives (CD/DVD) in the system.

Comment

Originally Posted by Jito463
              The SCSI blacklist only blacklists SCSI drives if it detects IDE optical drives (CD/DVD) in the system.
              Like this is impossible situation !
              I had a Plextor SCSI CD burner while having DVD-ROM for quate some time.
              Also one of my friends have some old Toshiba SCSI CD burner becouse according to him it makes perfect audio copies ...

Where the world come to !
              This, then HDMI only for HiDef ... soon they will sell speciall glasses with each book

Comment

No, not impossible, but rare enough that they feel they can get away with it. The vast majority of people have no need of, or use for, SCSI drives. So in their opinion, if you have a SCSI drive and an IDE drive in your system, it's most likely a virtual drive.

Comment

So the free version of DT will never use vIDE?
                  Upgrade your programs:
                  DaemonTools --- SPTD --- YASU --- PID

Comment

Yes free version only get ide-jammer and still have vSCSI and never vIDE.
                    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
                    Peace Through Power

Comment

Sorry but I am kind of new to all of this, I got the main idea that we all got f**ed but what is ide-jammer ?
                      What it does and what the difference between ide-jummer and vIDE ?

Comment

Originally Posted by Dominator.ru
                        Where the world come to !
                        This, then HDMI only for HiDef ... soon they will sell speciall glasses with each book
                        You may find this short story by Richard Stallman interesting:

Comment

This is an interesting article. Sadly this really seems to become reality.
                          To go one step further - I think that we are running straight into 1984....

Comment

Sorry guys, but i think IDE jammer ist juast another anti blacklisting tool that will work for a few versions of Safedisc and Securerom. this can't be the right solution.

btw: how works vIDE? I mean, which IDE Controller use it? If it use there one (virtual) controller, blacklisting of this will be just a question of time. Because so every system with 3 ide controllers will be blacklisted.

Just another question, may ot:
                            Does the new general SCSI Blacklisting stuff works, when i just have an optical SATA drive?

greetings
                            /sh1Ft\
                            Upgrade your programs:
                            DaemonTools --- SPTD --- YASU --- PID

Comment

Damn this article so true

Anyway, can someone explain me the vIDE versus jummer thing ?

Comment

Working...
                              X