• Show
Clear All

• PC freeze during start of installer

Operating System: Win 2000 SP4
    Burning Software: Nero 6.0
    Anti-virus Software: FreeAV
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.41

HI,

i was trying to install the very latest version of Daemon ( downloaded yesterday ) on a Toshiba laptop win Win2k SP4. If i click on the .exe there is first the readme popping up, and when i close it there is a small window asking me if i want to start the installer. If i say 'yes' the PC freezes immediately and i cant even get it back to life with 'ctrl' `+ 'alt' + 'del' , i have to power off and reboot.

If this helps, the Windows 2000 on this laptop was installed without a CD-ROM being present in the system, the complete install was made via LAN and also the drive i am trying to mount is on the LAN. Was Windows maybe installed without the basic CD-ROM drivers because of this ?

Thanks for clarifying ...

To test, i just installed Daemon using the same installer on my normal PC, and it works without any problems, so the .exe cant be damaged or corrupted. Also, to make this clear, this laptop was a fresh install, i got it cheap because it doesnt have a CD-ROM ( it was stolen )
    and there was never another version of Daemon or anything similar installed on it, so its definitely not a version number problem, this seems to be a more basic thing, like Windows cant handle CD-ROMs because it was installed without one being present .... is there any way to use Daemon anyways ? can i register the necessary CD-ROM drivers manually somehow, even with no drive present in the system ?

Comment

What has this to do with CDROM if you can't even run setup.exe? Check your laptop for viruses.
      You can try to run also daemon.msi directly - check for it in Temp folder.

Comment

Originally Posted by VeNoM386
        What has this to do with CDROM if you can't even run setup.exe?
        ... my thinking is, maybe Daemon has problems emulating a CD-ROM drive if Windows doesnt even have a clue what such is ...
        Check your laptop for viruses.
        ... this install is 2 days old, the email client isnt even setup, and i am not sure if i have configured internet access already, but for sure i havent been visiting any websites with it so far .... no way it can be infected !

You can try to run also daemon.msi directly - check for it in Temp folder.
        ... will do ... simply double-click on it, or from a command line window ?

Comment

Just double-click on daemon.msi.

Comment

To emualate CDROM Daemon Tools needs first to be installed.

Comment

Originally Posted by VeNoM386
              To emualate CDROM Daemon Tools needs first to be installed.
              :o :o ... i didnt know that !!! :wink: :lol: .......

Comment

Originally Posted by Andareed
                Just double-click on daemon.msi.
                ..... will do, and report here ....

Comment

Working...
                X