4.0.6 just kill my dvd-burner RC2 5744

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4.0.6 just kill my dvd-burner RC2 5744

After install 4.0.6 i have a code 39 (Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing.) over new virtual device and my dvd-burner hardware. 4.0.6 have been uninstalled but nothing change. i still have code 39 over my dvd-burner. reistall cdrom.sys or editing HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} won't work for me. P5WD2 PRe, RC2 5744 clear install.
    Please help! anyone.

edit by admin: Please don't post more than once. The forums are moderated which is why your posts don't show up immediately.

Did you also uninstall SPTD?

Comment

aside from your problem i have to ask why you create such topic header ?? it's just like the ones about starforce. those alarmist ones like:"starforce kill my hdd" et al. are you a provocateur ??? i mean you make it sound so bad... and we all know that DT did not "kill" you burner.

Comment

Thats Right, Daemon Tools Did Not Kill your DVD Burner, Something Else Probably did.

I've been using Daemon Tools Without Problems for a while now Including the Newer 4.00, 4.03, 4.06, and the older 3.47 one.

Do some research to see what could of made it stop working before making a thread title like "D-tools Killed my DVD Burner"

I.E. Was Your Drive Making Weird Noises Beforehand, Was it Having trouble reading Discs Before D-tools was Installed. Have you had any Starforce Protected games Installed?

Try Uninstalling SPTD and Daemon Tools, and Reboot if your still having the same problem it is likely that your problem is not related to daemon tools, and something else has caused it to stop working.

Such Thread titles can give Daemon-Tools a bad reputation, and what if the the Problem was totally Unrelated to Daemon-Tools, and was something else? Games with the Starforce Copy Protection Have Been known to kill DVD/CD Drives Because it Forces the drive to read in pio mode or something like that I believe which is not good on the drive and stresses it.

:Edit:
        Oops are you using Windows Vista RC2? I forgot Starforce won't work on Vista, so that's not your problem, but it is still highly unlikely it was caused by Daemon-Tools
        Last edited by Xtreme2damax; 20.10.2006, 21:32.
        Xtemulation - Emulation News and Downloads
        Xtemulation Forums - Emulation Support

Comment

Working...
        X