The Matrix - Path of Neo Emulation Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Matrix - Path of Neo Emulation Problem

I just recently bought The Matrix - Path of Neo a couple days ago, and am having trouble running it from an image.

Because Alcohol is unable to extract the DPM with my current DVD-RW, I had to first make an image with blindwrite and extract the topology, then I made another Image with Alcohol Without the DPM, I then used "Quickmount" to inject the DPM Data from the Blindwrite file into the Alcohol .mds .

I then Tried Securom 7 Stop and Curerom (Newest Version) to hide the Daemon tools drives from being detected.

That did not work, everytime I try to run the game from an image using this method, I get an error saying, "Original Disk Cannot be found or Authenticated" No matter what.

If I try and run the Game without using SR7.Stop, It says, "Please eject disk and insert it into DVD-RW Drive G:\"

I am Using Daemon-Tools v4.06, and according to the Daemon-Tools Game Database, this game is Protected by Securom 7.xx.

I don't get it, I was able to make a working image of Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, and run it fine. GtA: SA is protected by a Newer version of Securom than Matrix PoN, thats what I don't get.

I'd be thankful if someone can help me, Thank You
    Xtemulation - Emulation News and Downloads
    Xtemulation Forums - Emulation Support

Did you try to run it with the BW image? Maybe the topology of the BW image is not good enough...
    You also could try it with disabled drives (device manager) maybe that helps.
    Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

How can I disable the drive(s) Properly? I really don't want to mess up my computer, as I have too much software installed that I don't want to bother installing again in the event I need to reformat/reinstall windows.

Is it the IDE drive(s) I need to disable?

I didn't try running it from the Blindwrite image, I sorta thought that the Topogy extracted fine without checking it first, and went ahead and injected the DPM into the Alcohol .mds .

Is there anything else that will have to be done, like renaming the Virtual Drives to avoid detection, or anything else of the sorts?

I'm asking all this noe, So I can get the answers I need, and avoid having to keep posting back with problems.

Comment

check this out.
        I have the same problem, and YASU saves the days.

one thing to remind you, run YASU before dt.

Comment

Disabling the drives can be done via device manager.
          CD/DVD-Rom drives and right click on your drive(s) and choose disable. Then they will be shown in device manager but not in My Computer. So you can enable them again by right-clicking on them and choose enable.
          But first try the thing pencilcheck suggested. Or try some other antiblacklisting tools.
          But if nothing helps then it must be a bad DPM.

Comment

I now believe it was a bad DPM. I am having difficulties extracting the DPM info of the Newer Securom Protections.

Does anyone know of an alternative database that has DPM .mds files Besides Copybase.ch? Thier Website or Database is still down therefore I cannot get the matching .mds .

Or if Anyone has an .mds of The Matrix - Path of Neo (USA) with DPM Info, Can You Post it as An Attachment?

Thank you if anyone can help

I believe it's totally legal and not against forum rules to request an .mds file with DPM Data, isn't it, as It's not the game itself, and just info about the disc.

Comment

Maybe you can use the mds from a fixed image (GCW)..?

Comment

Forgive me of my sort of n00bish answer, but I don't Understand What is a Fixed Image (GCW)?

Can You Please Explain, Thank You.

The thing with my current DVD-RW, is I'm able to extract the DPM of Securom 5.x Protected Games and Earlier, but I'm having Massive trouble extracting the DPM of the Newer Securom 7.xx Protected Games.

I really like Running my Games from Images ever since I discovered Daemon-Tools, to keep the original in tip-top shape, and it bothers me when I'm not able to make a proper image and play from it.

Btw, How Can I do the fixed image? Is there really no other websites with a .mds DPM Database, I've been all over google looking for one and come up emptyhanded.

Comment

GCW meens gamecopyworld...
                  Carpe diem

Comment

Ohh sorry, i thought you know about it.
                    Like Kinlaadare said its a shortcut of a website.
                    And a fixed image is a bit like a mini-image but, its an image which was edited manually and it has the normal image size if its non-ntfs-compressed or rar'd or zipped. And that fixed image, which you can download at GCW, should contain a good and working mds or you can also use that fixed image for playing... Just have a look at it (gamecopyworld.com).

Comment

I don't know how I wasn't able to figure out what GCW meant, I've been there a million times looking for trainers for my game.

It's not Illegal to get a mini image or fixed image with the .mds DPM is it? I usually like staying within legal boundries and legally make the proper backup myself if possible.

But this game is tough as hell to rip a proper image with DPM with my Burner, I am unable to rip a DPM with Alcohol, and the ones I tried with Blindwrite Didn't work and were useless.

I do own the game, I can assure you of that, I bought it brand new from ebgames for $19.99 US, Along with Reserving a Copy of Resident Evil 4 (PC)

I just want to know if getting it off of Gamecopyworld is considered legal, to avoid any hassle, Thank You

Comment

I don't think that if it wasn't completly legal, the post would stay long... Actually, it may depend where you live.

In France, it's now illegal to circumvent copy protections (DRM). The good thing with DT is that you don't go around, you still have it on you image...
                        Last edited by Kinlaadare; 25.10.2006, 14:33.
                        Carpe diem

Comment

Originally Posted by Kinlaadare
                          In France, it's now illegal to circumvent copy protections (DRM). The good thing with DT is that you don't go around, you still have it on you image...
                          Isn't it illegal then to create an image?

Comment

Originally Posted by Kinlaadare
                            I don't think that if it wasn't completly legal, the post would stay long... Actually, it may depend where you live.

I live in the USA, but I believe it's legal to make at least one backup. I wouldn't care even if it was against the law, as long as I paid money out of my own pocket for the game, I'm entitled in my opinion to make a backup regardless of what the law states, for the Simple fact that it was my hard earned money tha paid for the game and gave the companies revnue

I really don't get the law in france and other countries, it should be legal to make a backup yourself regardless if you circumvent the Copy Protection using Programs like blindwrite and Alcohol 120%, as long as you are not Sharing the Backup or Distributing it online.

I'll check into that mini image, all I really need is just the .mds DPM file, I have no use for the mini image itself

Comment

Regardless of what laws they may pass, you will never be sued or get in trouble for making a backup of your original unless you distribute that backup to others. It's just not feasible for them to go after everyone who makes a backup copy for personal use, nor would it make good financial sense in regards to customer's lost.

Comment

Working...
                              X