Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• physical disks not detected after Daemon installation

topic explains the problem.
    the CD-R drive still reads the cds but doesnt detect them anymore (can no longer burn stuff onto empty CD-Rs because of it)

I have read a few past posts about problems with the similar symptom, but the ways explained in those posts, after tried, didnt work. like deleting upperlimits and lowerlimits in registration, uninstallation of daemon, reinstallation of cd-driver, etc.

please help me solve this problem. thanks guys,

jerry

bump.

help please, anyone? (this forum seemed to be pretty full but no reply for 5 days? T_T )

Comment

try to rename the sptd.sys driver in c:windows/system32/drivers

there are two files: sptd.sys and sptdXXXX.sys XXX: is anumber
      at least i got 2 but maybe you don't...but try te rename them!

Comment

has been covered before, you need to turn off the 'disable media' thing.. basically daemon/alcohol hide the atip information, so the disk appears to be original (ie: no atip)
        my views are 100% personal views..

Comment

Originally Posted by chrashoverraid
          try to rename the sptd.sys driver in c:windows/system32/drivers

there are two files: sptd.sys and sptdXXXX.sys XXX: is anumber
          at least i got 2 but maybe you don't...but try te rename them!

rename just the one without the number or both of them? rename into what though?

evlncrn:
          I...uh...uninstalled daemon tools. should i reinstall it to set what you mentioned off?

ty guys for replying,

Comment

Originally Posted by evlncrn8
            has been covered before, you need to turn off the 'disable media' thing.. basically daemon/alcohol hide the atip information, so the disk appears to be original (ie: no atip)

where do i set the "disable media" thing off? i reinstalled daemon tools yet i cant seem to find that option. and i've searched the past five pages of threads in support and could not find a post covering this... thanks

Comment

Daemon Tools doesnt have this option, only Alcohol has.
              Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
              Peace Through Power

Comment

the Ignore Media Type option in Alcohol was never ticked...seems to be some other problem.

T_T is mine a rare case?

Comment

Working...
                X