F.E.A.R. imaging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F.E.A.R. imaging

I know this has appeared in multiple threads but it hasn't gotten through me yet; making an image of F.E.A.R. I own the game and when I use Alcohol to make an ISO everything goes fine. I mount the image with Daemon Tools but I get the error "Original Disc Could Not Be Found or Authentisized" I am using some SecuROM cracks/virtual CD hiding tools (sd4sucks,SR7.Stop v1.2) but nothing seems to be working. Could someone kindly post a step-by-step procedure on how to make an image, thanks

1. Make an image of F.E.A.R.
    2. Install program ******
    etc. etc. thanks alot folks!

Do not create ISO images, they don't contain the necessary DPM Data. Recreate your image with Alcohol and enable the Data Position Measurement option (high precision) at the first page of the dialog (if its a cd then just choose the Securom 4.x/5.x profile). Also don't choose the ISO file format in the next pages, choose mds. When it akss you to choose the DPM read speed then choose a slow speed if its in CD and a high speed if its on DVD.
    Try it again with that image and use ASR (-> download section -> Securom Loader 1.2).
    Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

Originally Posted by AnalCobra
      Do not create ISO images, they don't contain the necessary DPM Data. Recreate your image with Alcohol and enable the Data Position Measurement option (high precision) at the first page of the dialog (if its a cd then just choose the Securom 4.x/5.x profile). Also don't choose the ISO file format in the next pages, choose mds. When it akss you to choose the DPM read speed then choose a slow speed if its in CD and a high speed if its on DVD.
      Try it again with that image and use ASR (-> download section -> Securom Loader 1.2).
      thanks! ill see if it works

Comment

Where can I find the SecuROM section? I went to Downloads but I'm not sure of what subcategory I have to click on

Comment

alright I've found the file but it gives me this error: "Unable to authenticate original disc within the time limit. Try Again?" It gives me the options Retry and Cancel. When I click retry I get the error- "Original disc could not the authenticated"

Comment

U need:

Procyon (just search on google)

a damn good image of the game or a mini image from gamecopyworld.com

mount image with DT

execute procyon and open FEAR.exe with it
            Elfen Lied - unangefochtene Spitze der Animes.
            Habt ihr was an der dt. Sprachdatei zu meckern?
            Schreibt mir eine PN!
            If you've got questions that do not concern to account or hardware incompabilty stuff, you can write me a PM. Otherwise use our forum!

Comment

another option is this (I havent tried it myself but it *should* work)....

1: install blindwrite
              2: use the setting ISO, NOT automatic (will explain later)
              3: when imaging is complete, close out blindwrite and run BWA Builder.
              4: when the topology is extracted, save it with the EXACT name of your image file, but in a location other then with your image files.
              5: with BWA Builder still open, sellect File --> Clean last loaded curve, and save that one WITH THE EXACT NAME as your image file, and this one save it in with your image files.
              6: mount the image in daemon tools and see if that will work

NOTES:
              The reason for using bwa builder is because you can "clean" the topology data, thus improving your chances of making a perfect image.

When the topology data is saved in the same folder with the cd images, WITH THE SAME NAME, daemon tools will use this topology data with the image files.

This method is very similiar to the method I had to use to get spellforce platinum edition to make a working copy.

Comment

Working...
              X