minor shit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• minor shit

i have 2 small quircky suggestions regarding the section from daemon tools help page:

INTRODUCTION: DAEMON Tools is an advanced application for multiprotection emulation. It is further development of Generic Safedisc emulator and incorporates all its features. This program allows running Backup Copies of SafeDisc (C-Dilla), Securom, Laserlock, CDCOPS, StarForce and Protect CD (and many others) protected games. Also included is a Virtual DVDROM drive (Generic DVD-ROM) enabling you to use your CD images as if they were already burned to CD! DAEMON Tools works under Windows9x/ME/NT/2000/XP with all types of CD/DVDROM drives (IDE/SCSI) and supports nearly any CD protection.
    • DAEMON Tools needs a 1:1 Copy to run!!
    • DAEMON Tools is used to RUN GAMES, NOT TO BURN THEM!!! Means emulation must be active while you want to play a game, not while burning the copy (except for you want to use DAEMON Tools' "fastdump" feature on a safedisc protected CD).
    • If you want to run a copy protected application from an image mounted to a Generic DVD-ROM enabling the copy protection emulation(s) is NOT necessary!!
    • Generic DVD-ROM is able to run nearly every protected or unprotected CD image (Safedisc®, Securom®, Laserlock®, Lockblocks® etc.) like it was the original CD! Just do an image file using one of the supported burning programs and mount it with Daemon Manager!
    DAEMON Tools supports the following image files:
    • cue/bin
    • iso
    • ccd (CloneCD)
    • bwt (Blindwrite)
    • mds (Media Descriptor File)
    • cdi (Discjuggler)
    • nrg (Nero)
    • pdi (Instant CD/DVD)
    • b5t (BlindWrite 5)
    1.) since win9x is now well and trully abandoned by dt v4.06 and all future versions this should be updated to reflect this. yes do keep the win9x support listed but next to that should be something like: Windows 95/98/98SE/NT/Me support is only available up to Daemon Tools v3.47

...and soon you can also update the v4.06 to say that it also supports Vista.

2.) the mds bullet point section should be * mds (Alcohol). since all the others give the program name and not what the acronym means.

ps: let me know if/when done.... ;-)
    Last edited by ß; 24.10.2006, 15:32.
Working...
X