problem running game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problem running game

I have backed up a barbie game named Swan Lake for my wee girl (lost too many disks recently ).

Anyway I used MagicISO to create an ISO and obviously Daemon tools to mount this to a virtual drive. However nothing happens! I have tried it several times and it appears if it is going to work but then drops back to the desktop.

I just right click on the tray icon, go to virtual cd/dvd drive, go to mount image and then pick the image I have created.

What have I/am I doing wrong?

Please help my wee girl is driving me mad!!!

Thanks in advance

iso does not contain copy protection information, so most likely it will not work....

scan the program with protectionid (pid.gamecopyworld.com) or a-ray (dont know a url off hand for it.. google i guess.. its a bit outdated though) so we know what protection is present..

then (assuming it isn't tages or something) you should be able to make an image using alcohol etc.. with the right settings

judging by the 'silent exit' of the program, i'd guess its safedisc protected (safedisc silently exits if it detects virtual drives)...
    my views are 100% personal views..

Comment

Thanks for the quik reply. I ran protectionid, and it states
      Scanning -> C:\Program Files\Barbie(TM)\Barbie(TM) of Swan Lake\SwanLake.exe
      File Type : Exe, Size : 4096651 (03E828Bh) Bytes
      -> Suspicious MZ Header..
      -> File has 2466443 (025A28Bh) bytes of appended data starting at offset 018E000h
      [!] SecuROM Detected - Version 4.84.84
      [!] Possible CD/DVD-Check String -> Please insert
      - Scan Took : 0.625 Seconds

Any ideas as to what I can do?

Comment

Recreate your image with Alcohol 52% / 120% using Securom New 4.x / 5.x profile.

Comment

OK I have got Alcohol 120% but cannot find the option to create a Securom 4.x / 5.x profile. How do I do this?

Comment

If this is a DVD, there is no profile selection...
            Carpe diem

Comment

Is the game on a CD or DVD?
              If its on a DVD there are no profiles to select.
              In Alcohol you choose "Image Making Wizard", then select the source drive.
              If the game is on a CD, select Datatype "Securom NEW 4.x/5.x". And after klicking next select a low DPM-Extraction Speed.
              If it is a DVD, enable "Skip Reading Errors" and "Data Position Measurement" Precision "High". Fast DPM-Extraction Speed.

You may have to play around with different DPM-Extraction Speeds.

Comment

I cannot find any option that says securom NEW when I go to pick DataType it only says Customize and wont let me customize it!!

The game is a CD btw.

Thanks again for the help.

edit by admin: Please don't post more than once. The forums are moderated which is why your posts don't show up immediately.

Comment

It seems your axtype.ini is empty/got deleted. Try to reinstall Alcohol and then you should have axtype.ini again and now you should pick securom new.. I dont know if we are allowed to post an axtype.ini here.
                  Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
                  Peace Through Power

Comment

OK folks got it sorted . I reinstalled Alcohol and got the option to set the Datatype, so the result all is well. My wee girl is happy, I wont have to fork out for a new disk in a couple of weeks and I have learned a bit. Thanks very much to all who took the time to post replies, with a special thanks to evlncrn8 and Blazkowicz.

Comment

Working...
                    X