Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't uninstall and unmount?

There is it.

If I try to open DEAMON Tools without ejecting all of the the DVD drives (My computer > Right click on the DVD drives and eject), the PC freezes and I have to shut it down by pressing the button.

When I try to unmount all, it shows always the "Please wait..." message and the program is like frozen, it does nothing.

When I try to uninstall it by C:\Program Files\DAEMON Tools\unist.exe, the program just opens and do nothing, but it appears in the Task Manager, and I can't close the process.

When I try to uninstall the program by the Add & Remove programs thing, my PC just froze.

I read the topic about removing DEAMON Tools (C:\System32\Drivers\dtscsi.sys\) and there is no such file in my system.

My OS: Windows XP with Service Pack 2
    DEAMON Tools: version 4.06
    No other emulation software, no burning software

Nevermind, I formated my computer and reinstalled Windows XP.

I'll try to make DEAMON Tools 4.06 work again.

Comment

I tried DEAMON Tools 4.6 again, and I got the SAME problem.

This time, if DEAMON Tools 4.6 runs at startup, explorer.exe freezes, I can't close it, and I got all the same problems from my other post.

I think the installer doesn't install all the files because I don't have DEAMON Tools 4.6 in my Start > All Programs folder.

Can someone tell me all the created files when the installation finishes?

Thanks.

Comment

Please remove Daemon Tools v4.06 incl. SPTD layer and install continue to use v4.03 until next version is released.
        Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
        They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Or try installing the updated SPTD 1.35.

Comment

i had the same problem as you described here i made a thread about it there maybe your problem is the same was the file you mounted compressed with data commpression?

Comment

Working...
            X