PDA

View Full Version : Hitman 2 v1.01

MrFrans
01.12.2002, 07:01
I Have made a backup of hitman 2. And it works great with the daemon tools. But when I update the game to v1.01, it start's asking for the cd again. Isn't that a bit strange? I have Securom emulation on.

Copytrooper
01.12.2002, 09:57
How did you create the backup (software & settings used)? Hitman2 is protected by SecuROM 4.8x, so working 1:1 backup is impossible atm (it may work for some time with programs like Twinpeaks, but protection will be updated for sure).

slydog
02.12.2002, 01:24
Hitman2 is protected by SecuROM 4.8x, so working 1:1 backup is impossible atm (it may work for some time with programs like Twinpeaks, but protection will be updated for sure).Impossible?! So my working UT2K3 backup made in Blindwrite with a .bwa file is not really a working backup? I thought BW beat this before you posted:p

LocutusofBorg
02.12.2002, 03:35
Impossible?! So my working UT2K3 backup made in Blindwrite with a .bwa file is not really a working backup? I thought BW beat this before you posted:p

Hi slydog, nice to have you back "on board" :)

NO!! He wrote it's impossible to create a 1:1 Backup and I think he means: on a CD-R!! That's a big difference. I think he means it's possible to detect the TwinSectors in future versions of Securom. And I think he's right about that!

Even if your Backup NOW works, this can change with future updates of Securom (and maybe the future just begun :) )
I've 2 methods in mind that might or might not be able to detect the presence of TwinSectors. But it's only guess.