dark messiah mds extraction problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dark messiah mds extraction problem

i am having trouble extracting a mds from dark messiah might and magic dl dvd. i will get a new disc in case it's the disc (no vissible issues)i can make good working securom dpm/mds of many many many other securom games. tried many different settings on both my pioneer and lg drives. something not normal.

anyone else ?
    Last edited by ß; 30.10.2006, 22:24.

Mine (german version) works with dpm high and 1x speed (maximum didnt work )

I hope you use latest Alcohol version.
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

You can try to create an image with BW and then inject the topologie of that image using quickmount in your alcohol image without DPM. That works for me fine with much dvds from which i cant read the DPM with Alc.
      Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

Originally Posted by Blazkowicz
        I hope you use latest Alcohol version.
        you can bet on that.

Comment

Originally Posted by AnalCobra
          You can try to create an image with BW and then inject the topologie of that image using quickmount in your alcohol image without DPM. That works for me fine with much dvds from which i cant read the DPM with Alc.
          i'm not sure it's alcohol thou.....
          so far i made dozens of securom discs over the years including heaps of dvd's of late since most are now on that format more then on cd's. also all starforce images i make work perfectly too. so it's unlikely the system as it were. also two separate dvd drives. i also remade some other securom dvd's just to make sure nothing got broken as it were and all is good. i made good dpm of gta: san andreas and titan quest. the system i use to make images is a clean winxp sp2 with NOTHING else but latest alcohol, nvidia v8.x drivers and tweaked windows. not even sound drivers installed etc... it's as clean a system as it can be. i'm thinking the disc but then i don't know. i suppose i could try blind write, been a while since i used it. like around version 4 then they lost the plot. still...
          Last edited by ß; 31.10.2006, 00:52.

Comment

This game comes on a dual layer DVD. Maybe that is the reason why it won't work. It seems Alcohol still has some problems with DPM on dual layer discs. I could extract DPM using Alcohol, but the image only worked about 50% of the time. And knowing it took about 30 minutes only to extract DPM, I didn't feel like trying some different speeds.
            So I used VSO's BWA Builder (which comes with Blindwrite) to create a BWA file, then injected this BWA into the Alcohol image I made earlier. Now the game runs every time, and also the SecuROM disc check is a lot shorter now (which means it identifies the disc much better).

Comment

@ Reef -- Can you tell me where to find Quickmount and how to use it? Still having problems loading this game with DT... Tks

Comment

It's in the download section of this site, under third party add-ons. Here's a link.

Comment

Cam you upload your mds, when it's the one of the german version? I lost any hope creating it by myself.
                  Elfen Lied - unangefochtene Spitze der Animes.
                  Habt ihr was an der dt. Sprachdatei zu meckern?
                  Schreibt mir eine PN!
                  If you've got questions that do not concern to account or hardware incompabilty stuff, you can write me a PM. Otherwise use our forum!

Comment

Presently its a hardware issue for DPM extraction, some drives work no problem such as Teak others like Plextor dont and Toshibas struggle to extract from the second layer but the image will still run.

Comment

Bismax, do you still need a mds file?

Comment

My game is NOT German, so I don't know if my MDS will work for you, Bismax.

Comment

Ah damn. Thx.
                          Elfen Lied - unangefochtene Spitze der Animes.
                          Habt ihr was an der dt. Sprachdatei zu meckern?
                          Schreibt mir eine PN!
                          If you've got questions that do not concern to account or hardware incompabilty stuff, you can write me a PM. Otherwise use our forum!

Comment

I cannot extract the MDS from Drak Messiah

Hellos

I have been trying for the last week tio extract the MDS from my copy of Dark Messiah. I am fairly certain that my DVD drive is not helping me here. I've tried extracting the MDS on every setting in Alcohol 120% but with no luck.

Can somebody please point me in the right direction or email me a working MDS for Dark Messiah of might and magic

cheers,

Comment

without a latest model of plextor ( set speed with plextools ), toshiba or piooner you can't extract a correct DPM from a DVD9 Securom game

However you can use an other mds with your image

Comment

Working...
                              X