ImageMaker 1.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ImageMaker 1.1

I am confused as anything, and start feeling like a dinasaur too. I only got to learn about ImageMaker for the first time a few days ago. I installed it, but it failed to function altogether. From the help files, all links pointed to this particular website however, there is absolutely no mention made of the program at all. Where did it go ?

Am I to assume that ImageMager in fact no longer exists ? Was it replaced by something else, or has there been any releases subsequent to ver 1.1.

I am looking for a simple disk imaging freeware program, and thougt this was it. It seems ver 1.1 was not up to the task at all ? If there are no longer any support for the program, then it would be best to discard it altogether.

Can anybody advise me please !

ImageMaker appears to be made for making images of your harddrives so you can restore your system when needed without having to go through the reinstallation procedure.

To create images of copy protected CDs and DVDs, try Alcohol 52%.
    "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Dear Netsoerfer,
      With all due respect, I do know what ImageMaker is supposed to do. Unfortunately, you omitted to answer any singe one of my roughly four questions posed ! The advice I was hoping for was for somebody to claim ownership of, and possibly a later version of ImageMaker. If it in fact no longer exists, then an alternative freeware prog to image my harddrive / partitions, NOT CD's or DVD's as incorrectly assumed.

PS. Please forgive my "Bluntness" too, is seems to be going around.

Kind regards

Comment

ImageMaker was produced by "DiskTools", but their website http://www.disk-tools.com now seems to redirect to daemon-tools.cc!
        I guess this is the reason, why panama is asking about this application here.

Comment

Dear Elandril,

Thank you ever so much for at least advising me about the fact that I am actually on the wrong website. I tried the URL you provided, but it keeps on re-directing to Deamon Tools.
          I was not aware of a problem until you pointed it out, and just assumed that this site re-directing was in fact correct, and that the company simply had a name change. Clearly this is not so, as was evident from the initial (unhelpful) response I received.

Your help was nevertheless much appreciated.

Kind regards

Comment

Sorry, that I couldn't help more, but I have no idea if the company still exists or was overtaken/bought/...

Comment

Comment

Working...
              X