Securom games won't run after Daemon Tools update to v4.06

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Securom games won't run after Daemon Tools update to v4.06

Ok, here's the story. I was using v4.03 of Daemon Tools (w/ v1.25 of STPD) successfully with Lego Star Wars & Star Wars: KotOR 2 since v4.03 came out. Both of these games are v7 of Securom. Here is the scans of their respective ".exe" files:

Scanning -> C:\Games\LEGO Star Wars Game\LegoStarwars.exe
    File Type : Exe, Size : 11362304 (0AD6000h) Bytes
    -> Suspicious MZ Header..
    [!] SecuROM Detected - Version 7.01.0002
    [!] Possible CD/DVD-Check String -> Please insert
    - Scan Took : 1.953 Seconds

Scanning -> C:\Games\SWKotOR2\swkotor2.exe
    File Type : Exe, Size : 13807616 (0D2B000h) Bytes
    -> Suspicious MZ Header..
    [!] SecuROM Detected - Version 7.02.0004
    - Scan Took : 1.922 Seconds

All I was using was Daemon Tools. I did not use anything else to make them run. It worked like a champ. So, I saw the v4.06 came out, then v1.35 of STPD, so I thought I should update. Mainly because I might want to use AMD's Dual Core Optimizer, I don't currently. Anyway, I updated to v4.06, then Daemon Tools would not work. So I updated to v1.35 of STPD. Same thing. So thinking that some might have been special about v4.03, I went back. Both of my images of the games were created with Blindwrite off of my originals. I read both discs slow (x4) to get as good of an image as possible. So, does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
    Mr. Physics1

I've had exactly the same problem as you, it turns out it is a windows security update that is causing the problem. Uninstall windows update KB917422 and you should find your games will start again after this.

Comment

Update

Well, I removed the KB917422, and it did not do a thing. Same problem. So I did some more research and tried changing the two registry entries fromhttp://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/secu...cks-t4827.html
      This seemed to do the trick. Afterward, I reapplied the KB91742
      patch, and it still worked.
      Thanks,
      Mr. Physics1

Comment

Been playing KOTOR II for the last few weeks with no problems. Finished it today tried to run Lego SW II and FEAR, both of which are Securom 7 games, and neither of them will run, so I'm back to square 1. I've tried doing the reg entries and it hasn't helped me. Any ideas.

Comment

Working...
        X