Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

F.E.A.R. Extraction point check securom timeserver?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F.E.A.R. Extraction point check securom timeserver?

When I try to start FEAR: Extraction point I get the following message:

Warning! Your system time appears to be incorrect, would you like to verify it against the SecuROM Timeserver?

I can select yes and no, but I don't dare to select yes.
    When I do select no, I got the following message:

Invalid system-time detected.
    Please check and correct your local system-time setting.

What's wrong?

You have to press yes and you need web access on the computer.
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

Why does copy protection check for the system time? All it needs to do is verify the correct disc is in the drive. And tomorrow (or even next year), that disc will still be the same as it was today or yesterday.

Or is this about a protected exe from a downloadable version (like Direct2Drive)?

Comment

Originally Posted by Reef
        Why does copy protection check for the system time? All it needs to do is verify the correct disc is in the drive. And tomorrow (or even next year), that disc will still be the same as it was today or yesterday.
        System time plays a role in new Securom ISO check; each day another of overall 10 sectors gets checked (to rule out "simple" maxi images) ... but i guess that has nothing to do with this message

@eyes.only
        Have you once played the game with changed system time ? If yes, change system time to that date again before playing or just uninstall+reinstall.
        I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Found the problem: I've installed windows when the PC was set as year 2007. Stupid me. Can't change it yet though

Comment

Same problem

Greetings,

I'm having the same problem. When I try to play Extraction Point, I get the same message. When I click on yes, I eventually get a message that I couldn't connect to the SecuROM server. This has happened numerous times. I have an always on broadband connection, I've never had a problem connecting before.

I know my time and date are correct. I automatically update my time and date at least once a month.

Any help fixing or bypassing this problem would be greatly appreciated! I've had Extraction Point for several weeks now and would like to start playing it before F.E.A.R. 2 comes out!

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
            X