Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dvd-rom & rw problem after repair of xp

hello,

I didn't find any solution for my problem in any forum so I decided to post in DT forum in case it can help.
    I had some problems with XP Pro SP2 and had to install/repair via the Xp CDrom (oem version).
    Since then I have a very strange problem with my dvd-rom and rw drives : they perfectly work with any original cd/dvd but 'magically' transform into 'simple cd' reader when I insert any blank or burned CD/DVD, then unreadable!

DT 3.47 was installed when I repaired XP but not running and all virtual drives were disabled&uninstalled. After the repair process I totally unsintalled it, also with d347 driver, pnp bios extended service, deleted all d347*.sys...but I still find lots of d347prt entries in the registry but also for scsi and 'scsi miniport' but that seem to be normal for msi neo4 platinum motherboard, I don't know if this can be linked to my problem and what is the difference...

Any way, following what I have been told, I uninstalled/reinstalled nvidia nforce4 parallel ata contoller, the dvd-rom&rw drives, the SP2, verified the drive type...etc entries in the registry related to the drives but nothing help.

have you any suggestion?
    (I hope my english is not too bad and that you will understand me)
    thx
    noone.1
    Last edited by noone.1; 20.11.2006, 18:13.

I compared 2 shots of the registry that revealed a very lot of lines like this:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Control\Cr iticalDeviceDatabase\gen_scsiadapter
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Control\De viceClasses\{53f56308-b6bf-11d0-94f2-00a0c91efb8b}\##?#SCSI#CdRom&Ven_Generic&Prod_DVD-ROM&Rev_1.0#2&12b1de20&0&000#{53f56308-b6bf-11d0-94f2-00a0c91efb8b}
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Enum\SCSI\ CdRom&Ven_Generic&Prod_DVD-ROM&Rev_1.0
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet004\Control\Gr oupOrderList\scsi cdrom class and scsi miniport
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\MountedDevices\...

but I have no scsi/raid host controler in the device manager, no scsi device as I know, no virtual drive installed and DT has been uninstalled for a while.

Could my problem be linked to this lines in the registry or are they just old traces of previous installations of DT?
    During the repair could XP not reinstalled correctly my IDE drives (on msi neo4 platinum) (they work fine with any original CD/DVD but none burned!), could you help me please...

thank you,
    noone.1

Comment

Working...
    X