Can't start Daemon40x

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't start Daemon40x

I succefully installed Daemon Tools 408 on my system.
    But whenewer I start DaemonTools.exe it will take my system to BSOD, PAGE_FAULT_IN_NOPAGED_AREA saying that problem is propably with AFS2K.SYS.

If I don't run DaemonTools.exe, there is no problem.
    (Same problem is with DT406 which works fine on my old system)

This problem is after I replace mainboard of my computer (now nForce2, was VIA)
    I have new instalation of Win XP prof SP2 with drivers to all my devices.

I am sending minidump which is generated when I install DT and let instalator to start DaemonTools.exe at the end of instalation (in that case, my computer after reboot is ok, but saying that Dtools cannot start - initialization error7 - not properly installed).

Update or remove afs2k.sys.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

I have version 3.1.14.0, and I was unable to find any more up to date version.

If I remove it I can start Daemon Tools but I cannot acces any of my real or virtual CDROM (I can see them in Device Manager with note that they aren't working, because driver is not installed).

Comment

You've to correct registry - check this thread:
        Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
        They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

It helped. Thank you.
          Does anyone have some aditional info why there was AFS2K.SYS? And if it will be needed in system?

Comment

I believe it's installed by certain HP software. However, I have yet to hear of any detrimental effects from removing it.

Comment

Working...
            X