Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blue screen during windowing booting when restarting for installation

I have a major problem with my Acer laptop,
    When i try to install Daemon tool 408 x86, it would crash and go into blue screen when im restarting.

Shows up with
    ( STOP: 0x0000007E (0xC0000005,0x8056BB5C,0xF443AC20,0xF443A920) )

My system is:

Acer Aspire 5670
    Windows XP Home Edition SP2
    slot-load DVD-super multi double layer ( support DVD+R double layer/DVD+RW)
    512DDR2

The programs i currently have installed that i think it could be effecting it,
    Virtual CD 5
    alcohol120%

and i can't uninstall Virtual CD, cos it would jump to blue screen too ,near the end of uninstall..

what can i do :s could it be a hardware problem ? or software clashing..? Please help me, its driving me crazy..my finaly solution would prob be reinstalling windows..

If you need anymore information from me that might be related to my problem, please let me know, Thank You

Geo

Bluescreen here too. No way into windows...

I have a problem with the version 4.08 too.
    I have 4.03 installed and all works fine. So I thought it would be time to upgrade. So I installed the 4.08. But it said it has to restart to install so I said yes.

And ... Bluescreen... Something with IRQ not less or equal or something...
    After some tries of using a older version of registry I gave up and had to put a 6 days old image of the harddisk on the disk...
    After that windows run again of course. So I rebooted again after start to test if it starts again. And I again tried to install the newest daemontools. And... Bluescreen. So its the reason for the bluescreen. Now I have the image I saved before again on harddisk...

If I hadnt the image I didnt know what to do because I didnt came into windows. Even with F8 or something. No way...

And... 4.03 works fine... So something must be wrong with the newer version...

Greetings!
    Sebastian

PS: If you want to now my system specs please wrote what of them is of interest...

Comment

Check Windows\Minidump folder for minidump related to that BSOD. Send newest file (unpacked or RAR-packed, NOT ZIP'ed!) to support@daemon-tools.cc with reference to your post in this thread.
      Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
      They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

I now made a new try but it already dont work. I didnt found a minidump because windows didnt start and I didnt go into with secure mode...
        I first made a backup of my hd and then I unmounted the mounted Images. After that I installed and the Installer wanted to restart for installing further. I did and after the Screen with the blue Statusbar from Win2k there was a bluescreen with DRIVER_IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. So I had to reget the saved Image.
        I made a new try an deinstalled Daemontools. After that I installed it. All worked fine but when I started the program the same BOSD occurs.

I dont want to make another try for finding a dump but I find it hard that there comes such a bad error. Because i know how to handle it with Backups many others dont know about such things. And they maybe dont know what to do...

Greetings!
        Sebastian

Comment

Working...
        X