• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diablo 2 ERROR - Verift that CD is in CD Drive

Operating System: Windows XP
    Burning Software: Nero 6
    Anti-virus Software: None
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.41

I recently made backups for all diablo 2 disks using Nero 6. I had to uninstall the game because diablo 2 corrupt files.

When I reinstalled the game (using image files) It worked fun

BUT, when i tried to run the game it said the expansion cd could not be found?

Any clues as to what is wrong?

Thx,
    Saterial

Operating System: 1.6Ghz P4 | 256MB SDRAM | 80GB HD
    Burning Software: Nero
    Anti-virus Software: Norton Anti Virus
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.33

i dont think i can answer that legally, but when you make an image it does not have the same copyright authentications on it so i inaffect is not the same as a cd, remember daemon emulates (tries to be a DVD drive) it sint trying to be a cd authentication device

Comment

D2 works from drive with lowest drive letter only if you start d2.exe - try to start it via game.exe.
      Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
      They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

I set the emulated drive with image in it to lowest drive letter..I still get the same error.
        When I try to update the game to the newest patch it says wrong version?

Is it possible that i might have created the image file wrong? I used nero 6 to create the image file.

I can always pull out my disks and install but they are quite scratched. Thats why i wanna keep use of them to a minimum.

Comment

Nero is not able to copy current copy protections. Please use Alcohol 120% and create a new image of your disc.

If you need help imaging your CD with Alcohol, you will best look for it in the Alcohol Support Forum.
          "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Working...
          X