Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possible conflict with LG branded drives...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible conflict with LG branded drives...

Recently had to buy a new dvd-r because my LG died on me, specifically... It refused to read DVDs. CDs were fine, but DVDs were a no-go, although it would read DVDs it *burnt*... but it would burn at maybe.. 0.2x tops? It was very strange, I assumed hardware woes, junked it, and moved on.. However, I'm here with a friend's laptop who's drive's doing the exact same thing. Interestingly enough, there's almost no differences in software or hardware other than LG branded drives and the fact DT4x+ exists on the system. XP Pro vs Home, no other burning/emu softwares (no easy CD creator :P), very different hardware (other than the dvd-r's). At that, different model numbers.. Mine was a LG GSA-4166B and hers being a LG GWA-4080N drive. I've seen a few posts with similar complaints (the complain seems very specific and consistently the same although there are never any responses..) but with not enough info on what the branding of the drive is. If there's any way anyone can do research into the validity of the claim, or why, that'd be good. Since moving on to a liteon branded drive, I have had no issues whatsoever. I don't know if there's somehow hardware damage or what, though, as even with a clean format my old drive would not work properly again. If there's any kind of fix found for this that prevents my friend from having to buy a new drive.. that'd be good! :P Anywho, thanks in advance to anyone who's able to help with this. If any more info's required, please feel free to ask.

I have an LG

My drive is LG too.. the diference is that after I installed daemon it stopped reading at all.. cd or dvd.. its a dvd-rw. I really hope there's some solution for this... I don't know what to do..
    if anyone can help.. please.

Comment

I have a simular problem on my laptop but with alcohol120%, still havn't solved it and i have TAEC-DW224E tho
      i will go search on alcohol forums and see if i find any info that could be used with daemon.

Comment

Working...
      X