winxp won't boot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• winxp won't boot

Installed latest daemon tools on fresh winxp_sp2.

Used and rebooted winxp several times with no problems

Changed my cd-rw drive to LG DVD/cd-rw drive, booted to winxp, it found the new drive just fine and installed it.

used daemon once before rebooting again, now it gets the short BSOD and is on reset loop.

Trying to boot to safe mode(no matter which one) will display the spdt.sys warning, doing nothing will reset the computer after a while, pressing esc will reset the computer after a while

Trying to start windows normally or with the last known good configuration will splash the BSOD and reset

Trying to remove the installed dvd drive does not help.

Trying to read the below thread describing the same problem does not help, because there is no way to get to windows:

Any suggestions?

Same problem, I'm so annoyed

Yup I have the same problem, and need a fix.

I have valuable data that I really need to retrieve and without windows booting up I can't access it. Is there an alternative way to access the files on my comp without having to load up windows.

I can't access any safe mode features as they hang up the system even when I press ESC to cancel the sptd.sys
    Its a pain and would really appreciate any help here!

Thanks

Comment

Check this thread in our nice common problems and solutions forum:
      Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
      They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Hi again,

Something wen't wrong with the continous restarts... when in recovery console, I can't login any user because the console can't find any windows installations in my computer....

Anyways -> ran chkdsk and it repaired several problems with system disk.

Then restarted the system to safe mode, pressed esc in the sptd.sys warning and it finally booted to windows

The daemon tools installation could not be removed for some reason, but I disabled the sptd from registry.

Booted to normal mode, Installed latest version(1.38) of sptd and now also daemon seems to be working fine.

Now disabled automount and autostart and hopefully the system keeps on working...

Thanks a lot for the help!

Comment

Working...
        X