• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daemon Tools Conflict with DVD Drive

Operating System: Windows XP Professional
    Burning Software: Nero 6.0
    Anti-virus Software: Norton Systemworks 2003 Professional Edition
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.41

Hey everyone, first time post on here *as you can tell* I've searched through the forum and I haven't seen anything that might help me with my problem, unless i'm oblivious to the thread my problem hasn't come up yet. This is what happens.

While viewing a DVD on my DVD rom drive at any given time the movie locks up, after a few minutes of my computer freezing on and off, I go to My Computer and notice that my DVD drive has vanished and only Daemon tools' virtual drive and my burner are seen. I've searched my device manager and my DVD drive is no longer seen. Now I'm wondering if there is a way I could somehow make my computer see Daemon as a generic CD-Rom drive instead of a DVD drive, because this error is growing quite tiresome....Anyways if this error has come up before please excuse this thread, otherwise any assistance would be greatly appreciated, thanks

First remove Daemon completely from system and reboot. Then check again. If drive is still not detected then it is sure not Daemon problem, but maybe some other driver is present in system that prevents proper autodetection of your DVD-ROM.

Comment

Working...
    X