• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disc 0 error

Operating System: win 98se
    Burning Software: fireburner
    Anti-virus Software: mcafee
    DAEMON Tools Version: latest ver

trying to install images of two different games, each containing two cd's. AVP2 and GTAVC.

With GTA VC, about 15% through, it asks for disc 2 containing data3.cab , so i direct it to the second virtual drive. Then it asks for disc 0 containing data4.cab . But that file is non-existant on either cd. Directing it to either of the cd's doesn't work.

With AVP2, it asks for disc2, then disc1, then disc 0. And doesn't give a reason why.

GTA VC is evidently using securom, so i used securom emulation, to no avail. So i turned them all on. Still nothing, for either game.

Surely its something simple that i'm not seeing, because there are very few others with problems like this online, and i can't find any solutions anywhere on the net. Any help or advice as to why this is happening, and/or how to solve this problem, would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Similar problem

Operating System: WinXP
    Burning Software: Clonecd
    Anti-virus Software: Dr.Web
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.41

I've got similar problem. But in my case after changing to 2nd CD my computer freezes (WinXP can't even close freezed installation from ctrl-alt-del!) :?

Comment

Re: Similar problem

Originally Posted by reconNinja
      With GTA VC, about 15% through, it asks for disc 2 containing data3.cab , so i direct it to the second virtual drive. Then it asks for disc 0 containing data4.cab . But that file is non-existant on either cd. Directing it to either of the cd's doesn't work.
      I don't have an explanation for this. Does installing from the Original and playing from the images work? For both/one/none?

GTA VC is evidently using securom, so i used securom emulation, to no avail. So i turned them all on. Still nothing, for either game.
      Emulation is only needed for imperfectly burned CDRs, not for images you mount to your virtual drives. So varying emulation settings will not have any effect on the usage of images.

Surely its something simple that i'm not seeing, because there are very few others with problems like this online, and i can't find any solutions anywhere on the net. Any help or advice as to why this is happening, and/or how to solve this problem, would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
      I'd like to share your opinion but if the images are good, DAEMON Tools should not be able to cause such effect. However I'm not related to developing DTools so if VeNoM386 says something else, he's right, not me.

Still, it is possible that it's some weird kind of copy protection like "if the game's run from a virtual drive, act like this to confuse the user" - but that does seem unlikely, doesn't it?

Originally Posted by VindicatoR
      I've got similar problem. But in my case after changing to 2nd CD my computer freezes (WinXP can't even close freezed installation from ctrl-alt-del!) :?
      For me that's something completely different. Apart from that, it is not necessary to say the same thing thrice (at least that's what I counted in a quick query for your username)
      we can answer it just as well if you ask once and put all necessary information into that post.
      "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

The thing is, the same image worked on another computer. Perhaps its just some other protection thing that I must have picked up on my computer, and is causing this problem.

Does it matter what hard drive the virtual drives are installed from? I have two, and I installed both Dtools and Alcohol 58 to my D drive. Perhaps that is throwing off the system? With hope, I will have enough drive space on my C: to run a little experiment.

Comment

I had it installed to c:, d: and e: so far, and never had problems resulting from that... I doubt that's it...
          "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

GTA Vice City is protected by SECUROM 4.8xx so you need to create your image with ALCOHOL 120% or BLINDWRITE and select the securom 4.8xx profile (for alcohol RMPS data will be added in the image) .

If you do that correctly GTA VC installer will work properlly ;

A wrong image will not be installed properlly and you will get exactly the problem you add (some files which doesn't exist are requested) .

Olivier

Comment

Working...
            X