Graphic Card and PCI-to-PCI bridge problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Graphic Card and PCI-to-PCI bridge problem

I've just installed DAEMON Tools 4.08 X86 on my AMD Opteron Worstation running Windows XP Professional SP2.
    The system did reboot immediately after having installed SPTD and Windows came back in a very low resolution.
    I've found out that my Graphic Card NVIDIA Quadro NVS285 was not recognized anymore and that the Device Manager was showing a yellow sign next to one of my 5 PCI Standard PCI-to-PCI Bridge entries with a status message saying :
    This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code 12). If you want to use this device, you will need to disable one of the other devices on this system.

I've uninstalled DAEMON Tools and also removed SPTD thanks to the SPTDinst remove

But this didn't solve anything.
    When trying to reinstall my NVIDIA drivers, the NVIDIA installation program says : The NVIDIA setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware. Setup will now exit.

Please how can I come back to a normal situation ? How can we check that everyting is removed ?

Regards,
    DDA

If you removed all drivers as you said (sptd.sys not present too) and rebooted then nothng must be on system. Very likely you have some other driver that manipulates with pci.
    DT never accesses any PCI device in your system.

Comment

Try removing the devices with the problem in Device Manager and rebooting to allow Windows to redetect them.

Comment

Originally Posted by dda View Post
        I've just installed DAEMON Tools 4.08 X86 on my AMD Opteron Worstation running Windows XP Professional SP2.
        The system did reboot immediately after having installed SPTD and Windows came back in a very low resolution.
        I've found out that my Graphic Card NVIDIA Quadro NVS285 was not recognized anymore and that the Device Manager was showing a yellow sign next to one of my 5 PCI Standard PCI-to-PCI Bridge entries with a status message saying :
        This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code 12). If you want to use this device, you will need to disable one of the other devices on this system.
        I've uninstalled DAEMON Tools and also removed SPTD thanks to the SPTDinst remove
        But this didn't solve anything.
        When trying to reinstall my NVIDIA drivers, the NVIDIA installation program says : The NVIDIA setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware. Setup will now exit.
        Please how can I come back to a normal situation ? How can we check that everyting is removed ?
        Regards,
        DDA
        I have the exact same problem on my: Dell XPS 700. 2,66GHz C2D, 2GB ram, nForce 590, nVidia 7950 GX2, 2X250GB hdd R0.

I have tried the following resolutions:

1. Uninstalled DT, and SPDT.

2. removed all six "pci-to-pci bridge" from the Device Manager

3. Physically removed all the PCI cards and booted the machine (including the graphics card)

4. Moved the graphics card to the other PCI-E slot.

5. Uninstalled and reinstalled the chipset drivers (nForce 590)

Is there even a resolution for this that does not include reinstalling windows?

Comment

same problem here...

ive installed newest DT on a FRESH xp sp2 and after the reboot for install, my networkcard (onboard nforce4) isnt working now...

i deinstalled dt and the sp driver, but my system is bad so i cant do anything. my networking card is not more working. i tried to install and reinstall, dont work.

safe mode wont work. as i hit F8 @ start and hit esc to DONT load the spґbla.sys, my system quits with a BSOD...

my system WAS a fresh install, and i HATE ist to reinstall.

so whats the solution??

ApoC

Comment

Well I'm relieved to find the problem has occured to others, I was worried something fried on my new computer, but it seemed too much of a coincidence.

Same problem as the others really, installed latest Daemon tools, restart, noticed the resolution straight away. PCI-to-PCI bridge is coming up yellow saying it can't find enough resources, and despite trying everything it will not resolve.

I sure hope this can be resolved without having to reboot, but ofcourse if it comes to that then I won't have much choice. I'll put down some specs that could help you devs out

Dell XPS 710
            Windows XP (MCE)
            2 GB DDR2 RAM
            nVida 7900 GS (256mb)
            230 GB HD

I'll keep my eye on this topic, thanks for any assistance in advance

- Zero Tolerance

Comment

Working...
            X