Problem with awxDTools...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with awxDTools...

Does anyone know how I can rectify this error? After installing awxDTools, it says it cannot find 'daemon.dll', and to check that 'Secure Mode' is off - Secure mode is off, but I can't get the shell to work! This is really frustrating for me - Does anyone know of a solution? Thanks in advance!

I have the exact same problem. Running the XP64 versions of both DT and awxDTools. Havent managed to figure out whats wrong yet though. Is this still a problem for you or did you find a solution for this?

Comment

I think the newest version of DTools won't work with awxDTools anymore until it's updated. I know the last version or two of Alcohol that I modified it to work with didn't function anymore (though that was a moot point once the shell extension was fixed for the x64 version). Unless the developer of this 3rd party tool updates his software, it looks like awxDTools isn't useful anymore (at least in the x64 version, not sure about x86).

Comment

it's working here

I also work with both x64 versions.
        I got it working by installing first the x86 of awxdtools when it's finished it will say it's not for x64 or something, just ignore that.
        Then install the x64 version.
        It should work fine after that.

Comment

I'm using WinXP Home Ed. Actually, I cannot get awxDTools_1.0.6.0_x32 to work with DT 4.08HE. Same thing: cannot find daemon.dll, please make sure Secure Mode is off, bla bla
          Same error no matter what I do. BTW it was the same with DT 4.03 which I accidentally installed at first.

Besides, turning off Secure Mode to get an extension to install is a bad thing to begin with. The whole point of Secure Mode is that things not properly compatible and checksummed _should not_ install. Has anyone gotten awxDTools 32-bit version to work properly (and stable) with the latest DT (4.08) on Win XP (32 bit)?

Right now my view is that awxDTools doesn't work with the latest v4 version of DT, period. :-( Can anyone prove me wrong?

Cheers,
          /M

Comment

No, the whole point of Secure Mode is to prevent applications (like copy protections) from messing with the emulation options behind your back. It has nothing to do with installing third party tools, such as awxDTools. It will also prevent them from making changes to DTools when enabled, but it won't stop them from being installed.

Comment

Originally Posted by Jito463 View Post
              No, the whole point of Secure Mode is to prevent applications (like copy protections) from messing with the emulation options behind your back. It has nothing to do with installing third party tools, such as awxDTools.
              Yeah, quite, I hadn't done my homework... (sorry)
              Anyway, I've waded through this Forum looking for threads & posts about problems with awxDTool and DT 4.0x. There are quite a few, most of them >1 year old by now. Various suggestions on how to get it to install properly are given, the author himself commented (a long time ago now) that it can have something to do with generation of 8.3 compatible filenames in the Win XP NTFS. This is off on my computer, so that could indeed be the problem (for me). He also said he'd try and fix it in the next version... Well...? Something is still not right with that add-on, which is disappointing considering it's in the "official" Download area for v4 3rd party add-ons. awxDTool doesn't seem to have a homepage or even exist at all outside of this site (daemon-tools.cc), so I guess we should consider it to be "broken" then, or...?
              Cheers,
              /M

Comment

Originally Posted by xiaoxin View Post
                I also work with both x64 versions.
                I got it working by installing first the x86 of awxdtools when it's finished it will say it's not for x64 or something, just ignore that.
                Then install the x64 version.
                It should work fine after that.
                Fact. This works like a charm. I tried installing the x64 version several times, but doing this squared it right away. Many thanks, sir.

Comment

Spot on son!
                  I was tearing my hair out trying to get the x64 version to work but to no avail.
                  Installed the x86 (to be told not supported) and then the x64 version on top and BAM, work a treat.
                  What a legend!

Comment

I know I'm digging up an old thread, but this is relevant information.

What I believe is happening with Arni's awxDTools is that it is looking for a 32-bit file from the Visual C++ redist. Simply install the 32-bit VC++ redist before you run the 64-bit installer for awxDTools, and it will work perfectly.

Comment

I did the same as SuperATP and it works fine.

Installed the x86 (to be told not supported) and then the x64 version on top
                      Thx a lot for this hint...

O.

Comment

Originally Posted by wateva76 View Post
                        I know I'm digging up an old thread, but this is relevant information.
                        What I believe is happening with Arni's awxDTools is that it is looking for a 32-bit file from the Visual C++ redist. Simply install the 32-bit VC++ redist before you run the 64-bit installer for awxDTools, and it will work perfectly.
                        Daemon.dll is in Visual C++ redist???? I have searched my computer , in ALL files , daemon.dll is just not there.
                        So if it aint there , how can you install this ? The 32 bit version does the same thing , missing damon.dll, so no luck there ......

Comment

If daemon.dll is missing (must be in Daemon Tools installation folder), then the installation is corrupt, thus re-install/repair the installation.
                          Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
                          They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Working...
                          X