Problems with drive change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with drive change

Hey everyone, for a long time i've been using Daemon without a problem, but i turned on my pc one day and the virtual drive letter got switched with one of my hd's letter,tried changing them back but when resetting the problem happened again, but when i uninstalled daemon everything was back to normal =/
    btw, my OS is WinXP SP1

First update to XP SP2. Drive letter assignment is done by Windows, not Daemon Tools.
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

did you even read what i wrote?
      no, i'm not updating to SP2, too safe for my taste.
      Even if i tell windows to reassign the letters as how it was supposed to be, at each restart it switches back to how it was before.

Comment

The drive letter assignment is done by Windows, not Daemon Tools, so there's nothing we could do about it.
        Check if you installed some software and/or drivers which could've caused this issue.
        Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
        They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

eh..i know it does not, i didn't install any driver before daemon(btw, the problem happens again whenever i re-install daemon, at the 1st reset)

Comment

try uncheck the Secure mode...

Drive letter changes back after reboot?
            I think you have your Daemon Tools set to "Secure mode".

Try right-click on the systray icon, in the popup menu select "Options" and be sure that the "Secure mode" is NOT checked.

Now set the drive letter of your liking either in disk management, or using daemon tools own "Set device parameters" dialog box.
            Reboot. And maybe... enjoy??

I was unable to change the drive letter until I unchecked the secure mode, too. Also BTEwin scripts containing daemonletter do not work in secure mode.

I hope this helps.

Comment

Eh...must be that, i'll give it a shot, if i end up with the screw up again, i'll answer
              and yes, the drive letters change back after reboot

to give a small rundown
              start
              drive letters mixed
              fix them
              reset
              drive letters mixed again

Comment

Are you using any anti-blacklisting tools such as YASU?

Comment

Working...
                X