Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 1.01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 1.01

I can play the retail 1.00 just fine with Yasu 1.04 and DT 4.08, but after the patch it gives me the protection error "please insert the DVD in drive E"
    Any way to play the new patch ?

it updated the protection? if so, scan with protection id so we know the securom version (think the games securom protected, not 100% though)
    my views are 100% personal views..

Comment

it says securom 7.xx

Comment

odd, other forums report its 7.29 or newer, guess you need to update your scanner..

Comment

yup 7.29 (or newer) is what it says for me as well... i had an older version of protection id for some reason

Comment

Newest public version is unable to retrieve version. It has SecuRom 7.30.0010.
            Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
            Peace Through Power

Comment

Maybe it will work if you disable your optical drives in device manager.

Comment

yeah that works, but its quite annoying, cause i use the DVD drive all the time

Comment

have you tried yasu 1.3?
                  Regard Solway

Comment

APPARENTLY (as in I saw that posted on the R6 forum before it was immediately deleted by the moderator you can get it to work like this:
                    If u cant get it to work
                    If youre having problems with getting R6V to work after the patch do this:
                    Use Regedit and go to hkey_local_machine -> system -> mounted_devices -> dosdevices
                    There should be a letter there (e.g. "\H:" if your DTools drive has the letter H.) Rename it to "\H.I:" (or whatever your DTools drive is plus the next letter separated with a ".")
                    Now just run the game with your choice of Securom loader
                    Have not tested it myself as still @ work
                    If the minimum wasn't acceptable it wouldn't be called the minimum.

Comment

aah yeh the old registry trick.. worked in older versions, unsure of this one because my pc is below spec for the game so i cant test ;(

Comment

I renamed my dosdevices name of daemontools drive to my real drive and i can play now even without yasu.

Comment

that method doesnt work for me and seems too much of a hassle compared to using the real disc

Comment

Here is what i did it worked

Follow this steps:

1.load the RAINBOW SIX with daemon tools with emulation-all
                            options on,dont run the game,exit it.
                            2.go to start->run->regedit->hkey_local_machine->system-
                            >mounted_devices
                            3.find in here your daemon tools virtual
                            drives(for me its \dosdevices\G:&\dosdevices\I: ) and
                            rename it to( \dosdevices\G.H:&\dosdevices\I.H: )
                            as H isyour real drive .
                            4.remove all the drives that are not in use in regedit.
                            example: just go to hkey_local_machine/system/mounted
                            devices
                            and remove all drives(\dosdevices) including your real
                            drive name for me it was (\dosdevices H
                            in my case i only keep the A: (floppy) C: (hard drive)
                            D: (hard drive) & G: (virtual drive)& I: (virtual drive)

5.run the game without any loader
                            6.have fun using the new trick

Comment

bad idea deleting those keys, when you reboot your drive letters can (and most likely) will change.. which can be an annoyance...

Comment

Working...
                              X