Sold Out like kazaa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sold Out like kazaa

EDIT: Anyone who does read this, please read my reply at the bottom.

I remember when Kazaa sold out...... It was great, till then, and eventually it died.

History doesn't repeat itself, but it does rhyme. As for the "it's adware and you can just install it" that is bull.

I uninstalled it last night. I come on tonight and find Save.exe running in the backround. I check to see what it is and it gets traced back to my Daemon Tools directory. It PUT itself in C:\Program Files\Save\ but was put there by the daemon tools installer. There is NO uninstall for this. You have to A) Figure out on your own that it's running B) Trace it back to the directory C) use msconfig to stop it from running and D) manually delete it from the hard drive.

Sad, freaking sad.......i would PAY for something before i run something financed by Adware. Alcohol here i come!
    Last edited by Dr Dimento; 15.12.2006, 01:34.

first - we GREATLY welcome you as alcohol-customer, as we
    are part of that company, too

second: If you uninstalled saveNOW, it should indeed not
    run anymore and fact is also: you are the first who report this,
    instead of insulting us and post here in such a manner, don't
    you think it would be MUCH MUCH more helpfull for US and
    YOU to just keep your comments to yourself and try to solve
    the problem together with us? (if there is a problem at all....)

How do you uninstalled WhenU's SAVE now? Can you describe
    it here please DETAILED?

Comment

ah, yes, I see - seems you do not want to answer, although
      I can see here that you search through the forums. Interesting.

Maybe you overlooked the fact, that you find the uninstaller
      at start->properties->software->whenU savenow

The installer is there - just use it

..but I guess you already found that out by yourself. Next time then
      please post a "sorry" or something else. It is bad attitude to rant here
      against us and then you have not even 2 single words to admit that
      you did something wrong.

Comment

yeh isnt there an option to not install the ad stuff in the installer? if people are stupid enough to just blindly click the 'next' button on installers they deserve all they get...
        just my 2 cents.
        my views are 100% personal views..

Comment

Originally Posted by evlncrn8 View Post
          yeh isnt there an option to not install the ad stuff in the installer? if people are stupid enough to just blindly click the 'next' button on installers they deserve all they get...
          just my 2 cents.
          Amen to that brutha!
          SpeedLabs Inc. - Welcome to the real world...

Comment

well, they do not "deserve" for sure a not uninstallable ad-stuff.

It is sad that some people use such methods to fool their users,
            however, we stand behind our decision - and we help every-
            one who runs into trouble with it.

I do not say it is impossible that the system is bugfree, but
            I know noone who was unable to find the uninstaller, especially
            as we clearly stated where to find it. And then to come to
            our website and post to the (btw extra dedicated for ad-probs
            with our adstuff) forum is pretty lame when it turns out some-
            one does not read the install-notes. And as can be seen in
            the first post, the adware try not to hide from user. This
            adstuff is optional and not evil, it is uninstallable and from a
            company that is not comparable for a long time now to some
            other adstuff-companys who do everything to hide from the
            user, provide no support (especially not how to remove it)
            etc. Yes, some time ago they went in wrong direction, but
            people should accept the fact, that this company no longer
            produces stuff that is un-removable, hides, spy's etc.
            Face it, we do not cooperate with the NSA and if we would
            see that they abused our users, we would immediately react
            and shut them down in our installations.

Comment

first - we GREATLY welcome you as alcohol-customer, as we are part of that company, too
              You got me, good info though....interesting.

don't you think it would be MUCH MUCH more helpfull for US and YOU to just keep your comments to yourself
              Good point, I'll admit when i'm wrong and i was wrong to come on this forum like a troll. However, at the time i truely believed the same thing had happened as I saw with Kazaa. Now i've been using dt for years and it's been great, this was the first time i've run into anything of this nature, and it reminded me strongly of Kazaa. I did use add/remove to get rid of that bar over my taskbar. I did not realise there were 2 pieces of adware that are bundled with it. When i read of the uninstall being in add/remove, i believed i had uninstalled the bundled adware. I figured that was all and i should be good. When my anti-virus detected save.exe and popped up an alarm, i immediately believed it was hidden malware. However, that's not the case, but i'll get into that in a second.

You're wrong on both accounts but thanks for the input, that's one less opinion i'll ever give any relavence to.

Amen to that brutha!
              Two less.

ah, yes, I see - seems you do not want to answer, although
              I can see here that you search through the forums. Interesting.

Maybe you overlooked the fact, that you find the uninstaller
              at start->properties->software->whenU savenow

The installer is there - just use it
              ..but I guess you already found that out by yourself. Next time then please post a "sorry" or something else. It is bad attitude to rant here against us and then you have not even 2 single words to admit that you did something wrong.
              I'm not sure where you got your "you search the forums" thing because i did search the forums before i made that post. Immediately after which i went to sleep, then woke up, then went to work, then came home....and here i am.

Now, please don't let the rest of my post belittle my apology, because it's as sincere as one can be. I read the replies to this post just now for the first time. I went upstairs to the computer i use DT on and went through the start menu to in fact find if it was there. Which it was, and i was wrong. Windows had hidden it on the start menu (only visible when i expanded the programs menu because it's full). Of course this is of no fault whatsoever to DT or the SAVE software, but mine and mine alone for not cleaning up that mess of a start menu i have. To make myself even more wrong, i DID find it in the add/remove programs, although in my defense it was wedged between Update Windows XXXXX and Windows Update XXXXXX, so i usually skip down to where the windows updates end, which is what happened.

Now I was definently wrong about my accusations of malware here, and if anyone is reading it i want them to know that so they don't put off using DT, it's great software, and i never said it wasn't. Any bundled adware is completely uninstallable, easily in fact. So, as LocutusofBorg said i should (and it's definently deserved), to anyone in the development of these programs, and the moderators/admins on this board i'm sure i did an injustice too, i am sorry.
              Last edited by Dr Dimento; 15.12.2006, 01:35.

Comment

and I want to add: when someone make a mistake and then
                coming back and say "yes - I was wrong", she/he deserves our
                respect - and you got my respect for coming back and
                plain
                and simple say "sorry, I apologize"!!

I hope you will still use DT for years - with or without adware,
                it's your choice. Thank you for using our product

Comment

Kudos for admitting when you've made a mistake, though I have to question your original comparison between Kazaa and DTools. One was an illegitimate file-sharing service, the other a useful utility. True, there are those who use DTools for illegitimate purposes as well, but unlike Kazaa it was never designed with that purpose in mind. That, and I'm unclear how an illegal service could ever really "sell out". Sorry for the rant, but that caught my attention and I felt it merited a response.

Comment

Originally Posted by evlncrn8 View Post
                    just my 2 cents.
                    Originally Posted by Dr Dimento View Post
                    You're wrong on both accounts but thanks for the input, that's one less opinion i'll ever give any relavence to.
                    erm...
                    He was right on both accounts really...
                    During installation your presented with a "What do you want to install" dialogue...
                    In said dialogue is 3 options:
                    1. Main program files (required)
                    2. Start Menu Shortcuts
                    3. (Gasp!) Daemon Tools Searchbar

If you don't read it, thats your's and anyone else who does the same thing's problem buddy.
                    SpeedLabs Inc. - Welcome to the real world...

Comment

erm...
                      He was right on both accounts really...
                      During installation your presented with a "What do you want to install" dialogue...
                      In said dialogue is 3 options:
                      1. Main program files (required)
                      2. Start Menu Shortcuts
                      3. (Gasp!) Daemon Tools Searchbar

If you don't read it, thats your's and anyone else who does the same thing's problem buddy.
                      The issue was not the search bar, it was *sarcastic gasp* u-save....and the second "account" that he was wrong on is "if you can't read then you deserve unremovable adware" or whatever.

Thanks for playing though.....buddy.
                      Last edited by Dr Dimento; 16.12.2006, 01:05.

Comment

gentlemen, please! We already sorted this out. He said sorry,
                        and he proved that he is able to see when he did something
                        wrong. We stop the bashing now.

And again: Noone deserves to get infected by something he
                        doesnt want. If that would be true, we should make WhenU
                        unremovable. All users deserves that they can at least clean
                        their systems to the point where it was before they installed
                        new software.

PEACE!

Comment

Working...
                        X