Using DAEMON Tools for 1st time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using DAEMON Tools for 1st time

I loaded the latest version of DAEMON Tools onto Vista, and when I click to use the program it says "Please use local admin. account to run DAEMON Tools for the first time!"

seems pretty simple, login with admin account when running daemon tools for the first time... if you're already admin then you might have to allow higher privileges for the program...
    my views are 100% personal views..

Comment

Alternatively, I know with Alcohol I was able to simply "Run As" with the Admin account. Although, Alcohol doesn't run on boot so the circumstances were a little different.

Comment

I have the same problem...

Originally Posted by evlncrn8 View Post
        seems pretty simple, login with admin account when running daemon tools for the first time... if you're already admin then you might have to allow higher privileges for the program...
        But how can I login with the local admin account?
        And my account has admin rights, I am the owner of daemon.exe (changed it from security --> owner)

Comment

Unless you changed it, the default accounts are NOT an administrator. You have to change some settings to enable the Administrator account itself or to set your account to administrator access.

Comment

I have admin rights, but I have activated the local admin account, and it works now.

Comment

Working...
            X