X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Runaway 2 - dream of the turtle

hello folks,

this is my first post

but i have a problem. i tried the newest yasu and so on. but the game tell me i have daemon tools running, but it is not installed.

the copy protection is:
    File Type : Exe, Size : 6721536 (0669000h) Bytes
    -> Suspicious MZ Header..
    [!] SecuROM Detected - Version 7.29.0009
    - Scan Took : 0.406 Seconds

do you have any solutions?!

well, what is running, does this issue happen when using the original disk? did you mount it?.. how did you make the image etc...more information generally helps

im guessing you're using alcohol if you need to use yasu... securom sometimes sees alcohol and daemon as the same thing... do you get a security module needed messagebox?
    my views are 100% personal views..

Comment

thank you for the answer.

no, i mount a maxi-image with alcohol (v1.9.6.4719). yes securom sees alcohol and daemon tools, but i get only the message that a conflict with emulation software is detected. every time. with and without yasu.

i get the message popup that a security module is missing, with curerom an other older tools than yasu. these tools can't hide the scsi device from alcohol before securom.

(sorry for the bad english

edit: but when i disable the dvd device in the device manager, runaway 2 start and crash with a error of the exe
      Last edited by psycco; 17.12.2006, 10:15.

Comment

hmm, i've never had problems with alcohol being on the system, just when i'd mount an image in it etc..

if the game starts and crashes after the protection has 'passed' (usually this can be indicated by the cursor changing into something that wont look like a cdrom, or a screen resolution change (game actually loading).. then the problem is probably with something else like video drivers etc.. so it might be a good idea to check the forums related to the game for similar issues, and/or checking for a patch etc...
        my views are 100% personal views..

Comment

@psycco
          If you have Blindwrite 6 installed -> Deactivate EZ-Play in EZ-Play manager

Which older AB tools are in use ?

P.S.: AFAIK a maxi image won't run Runayway 2 as some information from disc will be loaded ingame; use a full image instead.
          I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

i'm running no other AB tools (that mean no older tools installed, only alcohol with 1 virtual drive). i installed windowx xp and then i installed the necessary drivers (the newest ) and than runaway 2. but also the same problem (with the original image and the maxi image).

Comment

If you have CloneCD or EZ-Play (as Terramex already suggested) then you're best off with uninstalling those.
              I haven't heard of a working maxi-image of this game yet, so I kept my image untouched as it were to get the game to run, and it runs fine with YASU
              If the minimum wasn't acceptable it wouldn't be called the minimum.

Comment

Hello,

Sorry to update an old post, but i have the same problem.

I use Alcohol 120% to made the image disk (DT pro advanced throw an error during DPM analys, the image disk can't be done).

Instal program that can be view as emulator :
                - All Slysoft product exept ********. All at last version. VirtualCloneDrive Installed, but not used (no virtual device, no emulation).
                - Alcohol, last version.
                - Blindwrite, last version, ez play removed.
                - DT pro advanced 0301, using vIDE drive.

The game is on a dvd DL. Here you have the topology :

It seems strange, i dont recognize the typical securom curves.

I redo a DPM analys with blindwrite, i still get the same curve at start (it stops at 1 000 000 000th sectors).

I try with and without rmps emulation, no change. I also try with yasu 1.4, no change.

ps : i get the "please insert original disc". I don't have the securom link just after...

Edit :
                protection id 5.2 :
                Scanning -> E:\Program Files\PENDULO Studios\RUNAWAY 2 - The dream of the turtle\Runaway2.exe
                File Type : Exe, Size : 3407872 (0340000h) Bytes
                [!] Tages v5.5.2 (or newer) protected !
                [!] protection level: Tages BASIC
                - Scan Took : 0.859 Seconds

It's not a securom ! So how can i made a copy of tages protected game ?
                Last edited by pseudo555; 20.07.2008, 19:09.

Comment

So it's Tages, select Tages profile in DT Pro and ensure you have installed Tages drivers and you mount the image into vIDE.

@pseudo555

French version?
                  Last edited by Blazkowicz; 20.07.2008, 19:12.
                  Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
                  Peace Through Power

Comment

Yes, it's the french version from pendulo studio & focus home interractive.

Comment

(I can edit previous message, sorry)

Resolved by using tages profile in my case

Comment

@psycco

you should update your alcohol! this version is ähhh a little old!

the newest version is v1.9.6.6221.
                        with your old version you will have some blacklist problems!

Comment

Working...
                        X