Daemon tools won't open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daemon tools won't open

Ive tryed downloading this about 10 times. every time it finishes downloading and i try to open it, it won't open.

Where did you save it?
    Which mirror did you use?
    Try disabling your antivirus and firewall while donwloading and installing DT!
    Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

What size is it after download? Are you using a Download Manager? If so, try downloading it without a Download Manager.

Comment

ok im going to download it again with the suggestions. thanks. if id still doesnt work i will post back. i have used both mirrors

Comment

i wasn't using a download manager and it did not work after I disabled my firewall and antivirus. i have windows XP SP2. what download should i use. im not amazing with computers as you can probably tell, but any help would be appreciated.

Comment

Try this site then. If you're still having problems, it must be something on your end.

Comment

I've got the exact same thing happening. I downloaded the 86 bit version, and had to reboot twice, and the desktop shortcut does nothing, and the executable in the file folder does nothing.

During installation, it was odd that I got a system message about new product installation, and needing to reboot. I assume Windows saw Daemon as this?

Does this have something to do with the problem?

I have no firewall. I do have AVG free, that runs resident, and is very non-intrusive.

Comment

check the md5 checksums.
                x86: 6899A8A23056E83B95F830FBF21F8E59
                x64: 45055026B91C51F5440E2A09A226E75E
                you can do this with md5sum.exe.
                btw: there is no 86 bit version x86 is 32Bit^^
                Upgrade your programs:
                DaemonTools --- SPTD --- YASU --- PID

Comment

Originally Posted by billybgame View Post
                  I've got the exact same thing happening. I downloaded the 86 bit version, and had to reboot twice, and the desktop shortcut does nothing, and the executable in the file folder does nothing.

During installation, it was odd that I got a system message about new product installation, and needing to reboot. I assume Windows saw Daemon as this?

Does this have something to do with the problem?

I have no firewall. I do have AVG free, that runs resident, and is very non-intrusive.
                  Are you sure it does "nothing"? You have a tray-symbol
                  with a flash-sign beside your clock in the tray?

Sorry, but I have to ask this: Are you sure you know what
                  Daemon Tools is good for and how to use it? Often people
                  download it and expect to see "anything", when in fact they
                  need to use the tray-symbol!

If this is true for you also, I strongly recommend to use
                  the
                  link at the left -> Daemon Tools Help (Left sidebar) and
                  read about HOW to use Daemon Tools.

Comment

Yeaah, newest version DT does nothing but piss me in the eye with error messages. First when install it, everything seems to go right but when it is supposed to launch I get a blue screen. After rebooting I don't get that tool bar icon and when I click desktop icon there's a message saying that I need newer SPTD (that should be included in 4.08). I tried my luck and installed SPTD separetely but no effect. It doesn't work...

Comment

Working...
                    X