• Show
Clear All

• problems with 2 disc programs

Operating System: XP SP1
    Burning Software: Nero
    Anti-virus Software: AVG (grisoft)
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.41

Originally Posted by BruceBanner
    I'm having trouble installing a program that needs two discs, the first goes ok and when I mount the second one to complete the install it either gives me a "there is no disc in the drive" error with the option to cancel, try again, or it seems to go fine until the end of the install then gives me the same error, the strange thing is that windows is telling me to put the 1st disc back in, and the actual program is asking for the second. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    this is something I posted in the bug report, and thought maybe it was better suited here. Extra info: I'm using one virtual drive while installing the program and when it asks for the 2nd cd I'm mounting the the 2nd disc image, then windows give me the error 'no disc error' with the three options, clicking any of them makes no difference, cancel, retry...
    why would windows ask for the first image to be mounted again while the program is looking for the 2nd, thanks for your time.

Try to enable to virtual drives. Mount disc1 to device1, and disc2 to device2. With any luck, you can just click ok when prompted to insert disc2.

Comment

Originally Posted by Andareed
      Try to enable to virtual drives. Mount disc1 to device1, and disc2 to device2. With any luck, you can just click ok when prompted to insert disc2.
      Thanks for the advice. I tried that and it was determined to have the 2nd disc in the drive the 1st was installed from, so that didn't work. I tried a three disc program to see what happened, the same thing, though this time regardless of the windows error asking me to put disk 1 into drive E: it installed ok, then I came to the third disc and that went fine. Back to the first program I tried to install, when it asked for cd 2 to be placed into E: I had the 2nd disc already mounted on another drive, I tried swapping the letters to make it think the disc was in E: but that didn't work either. Puzzling for sure. I recently just installed XP SP1 from a format and updated it via the windows update page, could that have something to do with it, or maybe I'm missing some sort of driver that I had before the format, also this is the first time I have used this version of daemon, the same program installed fine before the format and with the older version of daemon. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
      X