• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silent install

Operating System: Win2k SP4
    Burning Software: N/A
    Anti-virus Software: N/A
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.41.0

On previous versions of daemon tools I have been able to do a silent install with the command:
    msiexec /l* log.txt /qb-! /i daemon.msi

This doesn't work with 3.41.0. It tries to reboot the machine half way through installation. Installing by hand and going with the default options does not require a reboot, so I'm not sure why the silent install would.

I have tried to stop the reboot with:
    msiexec /l* log.txt /qb-! /i daemon.msi REBOOT=ReallySuppress

This seems to do a partial installation without rebooting, but puts something in the registry to get the installation to continue after reboot.

Without rebooting, I've run the install manually and it tells me there's an incomplete installation and happily lets me complete the installation by hand.

How can I get the install to complete silently without rebooting with version 3.41.0?

Reboot is usually required when setup finds instance of previous driver in memory, eg, when you uninstalled 3.41 and did not reboot. If this is the case then reboot is mandatory and suppressing will not help - it will just abort installation and queue it after reboot.

Comment

Operating System: WinXP SP1 inside VMWare
      Burning Software: N/A
      Anti-virus Software: N/A
      DAEMON Tools Version: 3.41

Silent install indeed does not work, but in my case it won't install at all (and thus doesn't try to reboot). 3.33 silent install works.

commandline used:
      msiexec /l* log.txt /qb-! /i daemon.msi

comparing the logfiles for 3.33 and 3.41 gives this error for 3.41:

Action 21:45:31: DaemonDriverInstall.
      Error 25001. Device setup error: code 25017 (0x61B9)
      122 (0x7A) . Contact your support personnel.
      Action ended 21:45:34: InstallFinalize. Return value 3.

Installing 3.41 manually by double-clicking daemon341.exe works.

Conflict between versions is not possible, because i installed it in vmware and reverted back to a snapshot without daemon-tools before every try.

Comment

Try this: msiexec /l* log.txt /qr /i daemon.msi

Comment

Great!

It seems to need at least the reduced user interface. Luckily it doesn't require user interaction

Thanks a lot.

Comment

Actually, I was more suspicious of the -! you had.

Comment

Working...
            X