Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shuts down when selecting image

Hi,
    I have a problem that first showed itself about a month ago. I'm not sure what's wrong because it's a weird bug. At first I didn't mind but today it happened again and I decided to post it here. So on to the actual problem!

DT is closing itself. Well, first i right click on the icon, then goto the drive and select mount image. then i point to my desktop and sometimes but not always, if i wait a bit, the file browser dialog closes on me and DT shuts down. Kinda looks like if DT is capturing an error but instead of displaying it, it closes itself.

Now I'm no sure if this has been reported already but i did do a search and found nothing. Anyways, I can give info on my system or running apps if you want.

Anyways, just thought I'd share this with you.:wink:

P.S. THIS IS MY FIRST POST !!!

Just did it again today. Does this happen to any one else then me

Comment

which version of DaemonTools and SPTD you have installed?

Also please post your full system-specs!

Comment

I had v4.06 and dated SPTD (oops) but I just got it to do it again with v.4.08HE and the latest SPTD driver v1.39!

So now I guess i'll post my system specs and stuff:

XP PRO Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600 - ALL UPDATES INSTALLED
        Intel 3.00 ghz
        2,048.00 MB ram
        Seagate 80GB hardrive
        LG GCR 8520b Cd rom
        LG GSA 4167b DVD RW
        ASUS PL5D2 motherboard
        Nvidia 6600 (with v93.71 driver)!
        NO Antivirus
        etc...

DT options : secure mode, autostart, automount, tray icon, all emulation options on... doubt it makes a difference but who knows.
        I can make a list of running programs and stuff if you need. Also, I opened the system information thing in XP and exported all the info. It was a 10mb file so I just left it there and didn't use it but I think if you need more info it's definitely there. Would all that info help ?

So on to how I actually reproduce this (sometimes, it just happens without trying to make it appear) :

---- edit ----

I click on DT icon, go to my first and only drive and click mount image. Then I wait and if it is going to close it usually does so before 20 seconds have passed. But even if I do something with the file browser, it may close. So I don't think its due to inactivity.

What I previously stated about an autorun on image (which is now edited out) is false. This symptom can be experience with:
        A) no image mounted and going to mount one.
        B) image already mounted in drive (without autorun) and going to change it.
        C) image already mounted in drive (no autorun) and going to change it.

Oh and I'll ask an off topic question here because I don't want to start a thread for it since its not really relevant. I'm just wondering why actual forum posts are moderated but not edits. I mean I can post an innocent text and then edit it with a whole bunch of crap and no one has control over the content ( not that I would ever do that ... but someone might). Now I'm not sure how many edits are actually made (I made 4 on this post!), so maybe it's just impossible to moderate the edits because there's too many but it just seems weird that posts are moderated but not edits. As an example of this, look at what I added in this edit. lots of text that's for sure! And it wasn't moderated... Maybe it'd be efficient to only send the text that is edited to the mod or the whole post with edit text highlighted so that he can quickly approve it and move on to the next, that would protect your forum I think. And maybe you could only bother moderating if the text was bigger then X characters or words. Just an idea. Now I have no clue what goes on behind the scenes with this forum software so maybe it's impossible. Just a thought, now back to the topic:

hope we can find an answer to this small but some times irritating bug. Just out of curiosity, does this sometimes happen on your test computers?
        Last edited by Burningsheep; 10.01.2007, 23:21.

Comment

OK so after reading a post about how the forums are moderated, I see that only users with less than 20 posts are moderated. Which makes sense. But I still think you should maybe moderate the edits in some way. So is any progress being maid with this issue? It seems minor after all...

Comment

well, no, we can't reproduce this problem on our testmachines,
            but (we have your email-adress) we will later for sure have
            some additional questions about your system, so prepare to
            receive some mails from us

What concerns your thoughts about edit:

Almost ALL spammers only post their shit here and then they
            are up and away, so we don't care about the edit-function,
            especially, as they need to post at least ONE sensefull posting

Apart from that I can change this behaviour of our forum just
            with a mouseclick - no worries . We have (unfortunately)
            big experience with all the suckers out there who post
            rubbish to our forums. Until now, the forums are very clean,
            nothing near to the situation back in 2004 (the year before
            we switched on moderation) and the 4 years before.

Originally it was planned to shutdown the moderation-queue
            after some time, but it proved to be very helpfull.

And btw: now the registrations are completely off anyway

Comment

I see, "If there's no problem, don't fix it". Makes sense, I was just wondering why if posts where moderated, why not edits also but it makes sense. With the 20 post limit -man I'm looking forward to that milestone!-, you can catch the spammers before they do damage and only a small percentage actually post sensible text to begin with so they'll never use the edit button. Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately...), I only joined this year so I have no clue what you're talking about

So as to the bug with Dt, here is as detailed as possible what I do.
              -YASU 1.05 may need to be ran before the symptoms are noticed.
              -Have 2 different images ON your desktop. Now that I look back, it's maybe only when the images are on the desktop that it happens. Also my images are a couple of gigs each.
              -Mount first image and as soon as it is mounted go to mount the other image, without unmounting the first. Remember, this is on the same and only DT drive on my pc.

if Dt dosen't close within 5 seconds ( it usually happens fast ) then mount the other image and repeat until , after a while, it should close. If this doesn't help, i'm looking forward to your e-mails and to why this bug is happening because it's just so darn weird Arrrgh! I cant sleep!!!

One more thing, if ever you have some technical questions or whatever, don't hesitate to ask, I do after all program some times. Just to say I won't go huh! when you ask me to go to the device manager or something I'm not a computer illiterate! not that your posts made me feel like that or anything.

Bonne soirée, (oh ya, french is also my 1st language)

Comment

It seems I have the same problem with DT 4.08HE STPD139. Same problem occurs also when I try to select image with DeamonUI and DaemonScript - no dialog appears and the program exits without notice.
                Note that mount from command line is working ok

Comment

FYI, I don't have DaemonUI nor Daemonscript. I have reinstalled windows on my PC since, and I'm not sure if it still happens. I haven't been playing games lately. I'll post if I experience this again.

Comment

deamon closes down when i try to mount

Hey, i got the same problem :s do you know a solution?
                    thanks

Comment

Working...
                    X