Context menus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Context menus

I got tired of awxDTools not working correctly and having issues with long filenames in directories (oh so many problems) and decided to add context menu support myself instead of waiting another year for someone to get around to fixing it. Here is how to add DT support to the right-click menu of individual filetypes:
    Open a folder (any folder)
    Click on Tools, then Folder Options
    Select File Types tab
    Scroll down to the extension you want context menus for (I used .cue, .iso and .mdf)
    Click the extension name, then the Advanced button
    Click the New button
    Type "Daemon Tools" (no quotes) in the Action box
    Type this in the Application to be Used box exactly as written:

"C:\Program Files\DAEMON Tools\daemon.exe" -noicon -mount 0, "%1"
    (you may need to change the path according to your own setup)
    Click OK, then click New again
    Type Unmount in the Action box...for the Application type here you have a couple of choices. You can type:

"C:\Program Files\DAEMON Tools\daemon.exe" -unmount 0

here and get an error every time you use it (because Windows appends a "%1" to the end of every Application box whether you want it or not, and this will make DT throw an error) although it still works correctly, or you can make a batch file to let DT ignore the %1. Edit a new file called dt.bat containing the line:

"C:\Program Files\DAEMON Tools\daemon.exe" -unmount 0

...then in the Application to be Used box for Unmount, type the path to the bat file; i.e.:

"c:\program files\daemon tools\dt.bat"

Repeat for every image extension you want DT to have a right-click menu for. It goes pretty fast if you cut and paste. You can also make mounting the default action if you don't want your burning program to open with a regular click.

Caveat: the command line switches I used default to the first virtual drive ("0") and no taskbar icon ("-noicon"). You may want to change these. You can also add more commands as needed; "DT drive G", "DT Drive H," "Unmount Drive G," "Unmount Drive H" for example just by continually adding new actions and changing the virtual drive number. I only use one virtual drive at a time so I didn't bother with that, but it's pretty easy to do.

Hopefully this will be of use to someone. I really like awxDTools, but I can't deal with the random bugs anymore.

-steve

I knew it was possible to do this with DT as I had done it with many other programs before but this time I was just too lazy to play around with it. Luckily I stumbled upon this thread! You gave me all the info I needed. So you helped out one happy user Thanks Legion.

Comment

Vista

Oh boy, I wish I could do teh same thing in Vista... So far I cannot figure out how though.

Comment

I loved being able to do this with Daemon Tools but I've just installed version 4.11 lite and this functionality no longer works. I get an error message saying, "Unknown switch in commandline". I checked the help file but the commands -noicon and -mount are still the same so I don't see why it's no longer working. Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks for any help.

Comment

Working...
        X