About Virtual Drive Emulators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About Virtual Drive Emulators

I have a question. it relates to any virtual drive software, but more specifically Alcohol 120%.

Now heres the question, Alcohol or most other virtual CD/DVD Rom emulators claim to support up to 30 - 35 Virtual CD/DVD drives.

How is this possible? Drives are assigned with letters, and there are only 26 letters in the alphabet. Also usually a couple of the letters such as you're C:\ Drive and D:\ Drive (CD/DVD Rom Drive), are already automatically assigned those letters on most computers.

I've used the free trial of Alcohol 120% before, and assigning more drives than letters available, such as 30 virtual drives, causes the image not to be mounted correctly and keeps the game or program from starting up.

How is it possible to even use that many virtual drives? Is there another way of assigning them that I'm not aware of?

Thanks if someone can explain this to me
    Xtemulation - Emulation News and Downloads
    Xtemulation Forums - Emulation Support

Alcohol is CD / DVD burning copying backup recording duplication emulation and creation software.

Comment

Thank You very much, that explained it very well

Comment

Originally Posted by muffinhead View Post
        I've used the free trial of Alcohol 120% before, and assigning more drives than letters available, such as 30 virtual drives...
        Umm, where did you download this "trial version" from? Trial versions are limited to 4 virtual drives.....

Comment

Are you sure, I could of swore the free trial allowed you to use 30 virtual drives just like the full version, the only restriction was you only had 30 days before it would stop working and you would have to buy the program

Maybe my memory is a bit rusty, but I'm basically going off of information about it from the official Alcohol website, and I don't believe I actually checked the trial version to actually see how many virtual drives I could use with it.

Sorry just a small mix up, I'm not very good at remembering things sometimes

Comment

Alcohols trial version allows the use of 6 Virtual drives.
            { "Your computer is fine sir, the problem exists between the keyboard and chair" }

Comment

Thanks for informing me on that. I couldn't remember the exact details as I've been using Alcohol 52% Free Edition, ever since Alcohol Decided to release the Free Edition.

Comment

Working...
              X