Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• installers freeze after second CD on all programs

Hello,

I am in desperate need of help regarding this...

I own a copy of medieval: total war (first one), which installs in two cd's. To create backups, I created cd images (mds, mdf format) of both disks, and tested their installations.

I use:
    Windows XP Pro SP2
    Daemon 4.08HE

whenever I install anything, I like to disable all antivirus, antispyware, and firewall softwares. For reference, I use the following softwares frequently (just in case these are causing the problems):
    symantec antivirus, novatix cyberhawk firewall, avg antivirus, ad-aware resident, spybot search/destroy resident, and the windows defender.

All images are in my HD.

I mounted the image of the first CD. It brought up the cd menu screen, as expected. I clicked install, then set the folder path, and then it began installing fine.

At 50%, it asked for the second cd, as expected. I mounted the image of the second cd through Daemon on the same drive as the first cd image. (i.e. the first image was mounted through daemon on E:, and I just went to "mount image" and mounted the second image on the same drive)

Then the installer 'froze'- didn't take any keyboard or mouse input, and wouldn't close even when going to ctrl-alt-del-kill process. I cannot even shutdown properly in that state, and have to go through the power key route.

This isn't a problem with the state of the second image-I can access the CD image through My Computer just fine, and it has all the same files as the original CD, and it also has the same mounted size.

I tried all other games in my posession that have two or more CDs as their installing components (creating a CD image, mount, try install). Neverwinter Nights-same problem. Final Fantasy-same problem. Several foreign games-same problem. : (

in summary:
    multiple cd image installations do not work.
    symptoms-mount first cd image, begin installation, installer asks for second cd, mount second cd image in the same drive as first, installer freezes.
Working...
X