Uninstall problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uninstall problem

Why after uninstall DT 4.08 your driver "sptd.sys" still is present on my PC. This driver hooks next system service :
    sptd.sys hooked - NtCreateKey
    sptd.sys hooked - NtEnumerateKey
    sptd.sys hooked - NtEnumerateValueKey
    sptd.sys hooked - NtOpenKey
    sptd.sys hooked - NtQueryKey
    sptd.sys hooked - NtQueryValueKey
    sptd.sys hooked - NtSetValueKey
    ???

Because it's not "our" driver, it's an access layer similar to ASPI or SPTI, thus may be used by other applications.
    If you want to remove it, download SPTD stand-alone installer and select Uninstall, or disable SPTD service in registry (run regedit):
    In HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\SPTD set Start value to 4 (i.e. disabled) - to re-enable SPTD service set Start value back to 0.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Originally Posted by Copytrooper View Post
      Because it's not "our" driver, it's an access layer similar to ASPI or SPTI, thus may be used by other applications.
      If you want to remove it, download SPTD stand-alone installer and select Uninstall, or disable SPTD service in registry (run regedit):
      In HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\SPTD set Start value to 4 (i.e. disabled) - to re-enable SPTD service set Start value back to 0.
      Your software installed this driver. So, I think, it would be gread if your software uninstall it also.

Comment

to be fair, thats a valid statement, however alcohol also uses the sptd layer, so if sptd was uninstalled 'blindly' then alcohol would have issues..
        my views are 100% personal views..

Comment

sptd

Does anybody know if alcohol reinstall sptd or is it a window application?
          And how would I reinstall it otherwise.
          Thanks

Comment

If SPTD layer is not installed, it will be installed by the application using it. You can use SPTD stand-alone installer though.
            Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
            They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Working...
            X