Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DVDs not recognized anymore (not hardware)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVDs not recognized anymore (not hardware)

Hi,
    I've got problems running protected games from my orginal dvd's. After uninstalling DAEMON Tools 4.08 X86 (I couldn't start Army Assault on my maschine from original DVD, even with unmounted drives in DT. Setup info: emulating software detected... .[got no easyCD, nero, or alcohol]) other games wont't work either. What I get by boot is 'new hardware found' - PnP Bios Extension. I removed it form device manager, but my XP Pro SP2 still try to install it after reboot. Older game (IL 2 Sturmovik) can't recognize my orginal CD after that.
    How to remove [but clean] DT and recover the orginal drivers? Registry keys? I've found some links (topic: remove DT 4.x) but they broken. I've already read "Common Problems" section (again some broken links). Please advance! Thx.

PnP BIOS Extension is related to obsolete Daemon Tools version, so check (for v3.43 - v3.47) the thread about error 25002 in common problems and solutions forum.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Done it. I've got no more problems with PnP BIOS but problem with games sill exists. Any other ideas?

Originally Posted by Copytrooper View Post
      PnP BIOS Extension is related to obsolete Daemon Tools version, so check (for v3.43 - v3.47) the thread about error 25002 in common problems and solutions forum.

Comment

Check if daemon.dll if obsolete Daemon Tools version in Windows folder is removed.
        CloneCD installed? Ensure Hide CD-R media function of tray and tray itself are disabled.
        Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
        They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Regedit and regedit again. No, I don't have CloneCD installed. I've cleaned manually registry, reinstalled orginal windows dvd drivers and ide-controller drivers (from via). It works again, after installing DT same problem again (with Armed Assault), but I know the way now.

Originally Posted by Copytrooper View Post
          Check if daemon.dll if obsolete Daemon Tools version in Windows folder is removed.
          CloneCD installed? Ensure Hide CD-R media function of tray and tray itself are disabled.

Comment

Working...
          X