Device parameters won't save

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Device parameters won't save

Hi, ive had this problem with all version of Daemon tools and ive been wondering if its ever going to be fixed.

Every time i change the device parameters like the drive letter the settings always gets deleted when i reboot.
    So im unable to assign any other drive letters except the ones followed after my harddrives.

Using WinXP SP2

Is there some way to run a batch file assigning the drive letters everytime i start my computer? That would be a possible workaround.
    Or... i could edit the settings manually if anyone knows how to.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Do you use any anti-blacklisting tools such as YASU? They can cause the drive letters to reset. Otherwise, drive letter assignment is handled by Windows.

Comment

No i havnt got any anti copy protection programs installed right now. But this is a problem ive had for a long time. Is there any way to force the registry or something by running a reg file to overwrite the settings every boot?

Any kinds of solutions are highly appreciated, since this is kind of annoying...
      Regards.

Comment

Right now ive removed Daemon from starting with windows as the only solution for it not to steal my usb drive letters.

Its kind of sad i have to start it manually. It always worked so good before... I hope you guys fix this small but annoying bug soon.

Daemon tools IS the best mounting software for windows, i hope that IS wont make it a WAS.

Any new suggestions are highly appreciated, thanks.
        Regards

Comment

Re: Drive Letters

Try putting a link to Daemon Tools in your Start Menu startup folder.
          the modern world:
          net helpmsg 4006

Comment

I did that, removed it from normal registry startup into the start menu folder. The result of that was it starting to run without any drives. After that i uninstalled and reinstalled.

So, now ive got daemon tools starting at boot but without any CD-roms and no emulation options... what the heck is this?
            No settings at all wont save anymore.

My guess is the settings are hidden somewhere trying to be saved in a write protected NTFS folder. This way none will save at all. If any developer could tell me where daemon reads its settings from, it would make things a lot more easier.

Also reinstalling always keeps the old settings, whether you want it to or not, and the old bugs. Are there any good alternatives to D-tools except Alcohols mountable CD-roms? Ive had enough of this, it just aint worth putting down any more time on.

Comment

I solved it

By installing alcohol instead XD Good luck anyone else, this is an issue for Daemon Tools to figure out. Alcohol has already solved it, it seems.

Comment

Working...
              X