Disable Secure Mode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disable Secure Mode

Is there a way to programmatically disable Secure Mode? This option is found by right-clicking the system tray icon and selecting Options.

Additional Information:
    OS - Win2K Pro
    Virtual DAEMON Manager - DAEMON Tools 4.08HE
    SPTD-driver - SPTD 1.38

Thank you for your time.

Of course not. What sense would be in such mode if anyone could disable it programmatically? It must be disabled only by user.

Comment

I would love a way to disable that feature thru a script or by command line. I am using the new silent setup feature of 4.08 to do an unattended install. I have setup batch files that allow my users to double click an icon that mounts an iso using the command line. ex: daemon.exe -mount 0,"c:\myiso.iso"

When the user runs these icons, they get the "Secure mode confirmation for command line: ..." message. I understand that this is a security feature, but I need to shut it off on each computer in order to make things nicer for my end users. I have the silent install working, I just need to also auto disable this secure mode feature.

Is there a reg line somewhere I can edit?

Thank you very much for your time!
      Smoke_007

Comment

Originally Posted by VeNoM386 View Post
        Of course not. What sense would be in such mode if anyone could disable it programmatically? It must be disabled only by user.
        smoke (1st post - pffffttt) which part of this don't you understand ??? with all the knowledge you "have" ???? huh ?? which part ???

Comment

Is there any way to make a batch file that
          1:loads a cd
          2:plays software
          3:then unmounts
          all without going into that tray or searchbar every time you boot windows?

If I can disable it by a command line, fine. If I can somehow make a file read only so that my settings stay permanent, fine. Anything will do that will make it work like a normal batch file, I'll be perfectly satisfied, as long as I don't have to change a setting EVERY TIME I boot windows.

Comment

Originally Posted by ß View Post
            smoke (1st post - pffffttt) which part of this don't you understand ??? with all the knowledge you "have" ???? huh ?? which part ???
            Easy there ß... Remember, you had your 1st post once too on a new forum. Don't worry though, I'm not a newbie.
            I was answering VeNoM386's question of, "What sense would be in such mode" with my scenario. So, think of my statement as a feature request.
            If you read my post carefully, you should have noticed that I do understand that "It must be disabled only by user".
            "I understand that this is a security feature, but I need to shut it off on each computer in order to make things nicer for my end users."
            I believe I gave VeNoM386 the perfect reason why some of us would love the ability to turn off the secure mode feature.
            VeNoM386, even if there was a second version that had the ability to turn off the security mode by command prompt; that would be GREAT! When I initially was searching for an answer on this forum, I ran across lots of users interested in this ability. It sounds to me like this would be a much appreciated additional feature.
            So, VeNoM386, please add my request as a feature request if you would.
            Thank you,
            Smoke_007

Comment

Absolutly austin2359,

Here is a sample of one of my batch files I use to mount educational games from a network drive.

Code:
              @echo off
              set gameiso=math.iso
              set gamefolder=Mighty Math Carnival Countdown
              set gamepath=f:\apps\games\

if exist "c:\program files\daemon tools\daemon.exe" goto ready
              echo Error: Daemon Tools is not installed or working correctly.
              echo Please install Daemon Tools and disable Secure Mode.
              pause
              goto end

:ready
              echo    Please wait while the game loads...
              "c:\program files\daemon tools\daemon.exe" -unmount 0
              "c:\program files\daemon tools\daemon.exe" -mount 0,"%gamepath%%gamefolder%\%gameiso%"

:end
              echo Bye
              My iso's all contain an autorun.inf file that starts the game as soon as the iso's mounted. If you wanted/needed to start an application after the iso is mounted you would just add the line to execute your file right above the ":end" line.

Example:
              c:\windows\notepad.exe
              or you can use the start command to call executables if you would like some more options. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/126410
              start /max c:\windows\notepad.exe

Hope this helps.

Smoke_007

Comment

Working...
              X