Exit Daemon Tools from batch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exit Daemon Tools from batch

Sorry for the strange request, but is there an elegant way to exit the program from the command line and not from the Exit menu?
    I know I could use the command "taskkill /F /IM daemon.exe", but I really doubt it regularly closes the program (and nevertheless it's surely not elegant!!!
    I'm trying to automatize a procedure where it could be convenient for me temporarly exit Daemon Tools.
    Thank You
    Marco

If that was possible, then all copy protections would use the method. I dont think it is possible. DT hardly uses any memory anyway

Comment

Originally Posted by al1uk View Post
      If that was possible, then all copy protections would use the method. I dont think it is possible. DT hardly uses any memory anyway
      ..mmh you have a point here.
      I'm really a "week-end only programmer", so I was so engaged with my "stupid" procedure that didn't consider the consequence of what I was asking.
      Thank you for your clarification.
      P.S. and about using the command taskkill, I hadn't tested when I wrote my thread, but now I have seen that it seems only to close the managing console, remaining DT fully working (and I assume it's for the same reason you explained me)

EDIT: but couldn't be possible to ask for a confirmation (only if in secure mode) just like the unmount and emulation off options.
      Sorry, perhaps I'm totally dumb here, but I really cannot see any difference between the two situations
      Last edited by marcocale; 12.01.2007, 00:10. Reason: A successive thought

Comment

Working...
      X