Settings lost on system reboot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Settings lost on system reboot

Daemon Tools does not seem to remember my settings - after every reboot it's settings revert as if it has just been installed. eg:
    - all emulations are turned off again (red icon)
    - number of virtual devices reset to one
    - other options revert back to default state
    I have tried turning autostart on and off but no effect.
    Thanks
    System:
    Windows XP Pro SP2
    Daemon Tools 4.08 X86
    Deepburner 1.8.0.224
    (NO Easy CD creator)
    ImgBurn 2.1
    AVG Antivirus
    Kerio Firewall
    Mobo: Asus V7V8X-X
    CPU: Athlon 2500 XP+
    1024 MB RAM

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling? What about installing SPTD 1.39?

Comment

I've just uninstalled Daemon Tools and SPTD and installed SPTD 1.39 then Daemon Tools 4.08 again. But I'm still having the problrms.

Comment

I have the same problem with version 4.08 and SPTD 1.39.

Reinstalling Daemon tools doesn't work.

Rolling back to 4.06 and SPTD 1.39 solved my problems.

Hope it helps

Marco

System:
        Windows XP Pro SP2
        Alcohol 120% (no virtual device)
        Antivirus Avast home
        Windows Firewall
        2 SATA WD Raptor 150 Gb
        Mobo: Asus A8N-E
        CPU: Athlon 64 3800+ Venice
        3 GB RAM

Comment

I am using 4.08HE and have set DT4 to NOT autostart....but every time i reboot i have an icon down in my taskbar.

Could this be the same issue with not saving settings?

I have tried this on several computers, uninstalled, and re-installed several times on each....but still the same thing

Comment

I've done a little more testing. If you install daemon, and make changes to the settings right away, those are the setting which become like a "default". Once you reboot it will always go back to those settings.
            I rebooted straight after install without changing anything, which is why for me the frshly installed state was the default setting.
            marcocale: Thanks for the info. Unfortunately I don't have 4.06, and there is no link to it in the download section. Perhaps if the Powers That Be are reading this, a little link could be provided, with an md5 sum?
            nanoburn: For me I've found that "Autostart" is one of the options which doesn't save.

Comment

all i want is for the stupid icon to go away

is there anyway to do this with version 4.08HE

Comment

does no one else have this problem?

Comment

Hi. I'm also getting this problem. Icon appears each boot, plus it Automounts, which pops up a window for each mounted disk. Never had this problem with previous versions.

Any help would be great..
                  ---------
                  Ali.

Comment

Settings lost in 4.08HE

Does not matter how and how many times I install or repair D-Tools 4.08HE, settings are just not remembered by this version.
                    I can't find any SYS-file which I recall older versions had.
                    This has got to be a general BUG!

Comment

Can somebody official help work this out so future versions will not be the same..?

Comment

Please check if updating to SPTD layer v1.40 helps to solve the issue:
                        Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
                        They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

I have updated to SPTD 1.40, which did fix the problem of settings not being kept. Mounted disks are also now kept without the window popping up. The only thing that is still not working for me is the tray icon disappearing. The Tray Icon setting is unticked in the options, and the -noicon command is added to the registry entry, but the icon still comes up each boot.
                          Not a big issue, but it seems to be a bug. Thanks for the advice to update SPTD to v1.40.

Ali.

Comment

SPTD and Daemon Tools

I confirm that the beta version of STPD solved the problems with the Daemon Tools remembering the settings.
                            Thanks for the tips.

P.S. Just wonder what more eventually was solved at the same time? D.S.

Comment

A little addition to this. I update the driver and I also moved the regeistry key that runs daemon tools from the current user to the local machine to fix a problem with them not being connected when another user logs onto the computer.

Comment

Working...
                              X