This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• StarForce announces release of SF 4.70.005.006 update

The new build 4.70.005.006 for products distributed on optical media allows publishers and developers to integrate protection against emulation without the blacklisting of certain emulators.

This update of StarForce 4.7 allows protection against all known emulators including the latest versions of Daemon Tools.
    The technology used in the update is quite different from what is used in other system of protection against illegal usage. As a rule other protection systems use the so called blacklisting technology. They detect certain versions of emulators and force the end user to uninstall products like Daemon Tools or Alcolohol 120%. Such methods appear to be ineffective quickly and are vulnerable to piracy.

The latest StarForce update uses a different technology. The system does not look for external signs of emulation, but for integral features of emulation programs, thus it guarantees protection against any emulators. This is the same method of proactive protection used in systems like Safe’N’Sec.
    Another advantage of this system is the fact that users do not have to uninstall emulators from their PCs and may continue using such products as Alcohol 120% that is based of Daemon Tools solutions.

StarForce Developers’ teem will continue providing effective, timely and reliable solutions for protection against illegal usage and license management.

Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

StarForce Developers’ teem
    lol, teem...
    is that from the original post...?

StarForce always brag about thier software/anti piracy, i'm sure this will be short lived anyways...
    Last edited by sYk0; 16.01.2007, 19:33.
    Mail:
    curerom @ daemon-tools.cc

Comment

Yeah, i only copied the post.
      Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
      Peace Through Power

Comment

Lol, they keep trying to get big games publishers like Ubisoft back. It's very easy to get a bad reputation, but it's hard like hell to get the people's trust back.
        They detect certain versions of emulators and force the end user to uninstall products like Daemon Tools or Alcolohol 120%.
        What kind of BS is that? I don't know of any protection that requires me to uninstall DT or A120. These people at Starforce will never learn, do they really think we're all stupid? As long as they don't change that attitude, they will keep losing customers and die slowly.
        Anyway, DT has beaten SF many times in the past, and they probably will do it again
        Don't believe all that corporate crap they put on their website

Comment

Are they still trying to kick up a fuss? :yawn:

Comment

Has anyone tried this yet (maybe there are update driver installers available?) ... Would be interesting if that is actually working as they want it... It probably will but...
            Another question would be when DT fixes this...

Comment

I asking myself why they are so nuts about us. We always
              treated them with respect, unlike so many others. I fear
              someone over there will soon prepare some voodoo-puppet or
              something like this. My opinion: Maybe we should get rid-off of
              the SF-emulation to make them happy

Comment

Hah! Nothing would make those guys happy short of complete and utter control over our computers. Then they might be "mildly satisfied".

Comment

These people think they're the best in copy protection, and that nobody can beat them. But every time DT proves them wrong. I guess that's the reason why they're so nuts about DT
                  Don't try to make these guys happy, just keep showing them who's boss

Comment

Go get em Tiger!!

Daemon-Tools has gave me good reason to legally back up all of my games, and protect the originals from damage.

I can't live without my Daemon Tools, and I'll be damned if I ever buy a game with Starforce on it.

That's why I buy Securom or Safedisc Protected games, and leave the Starforce Protected ones out of my life. This website is my #1 stop to make sure the game I am buying does not contain Starforce.

Maybe since Starforce thinks their hot stuff, maybe they should come up with a Star-Wars like catch phrase, "May the Force be with you"

However I'm just joking.
                    Xtemulation - Emulation News and Downloads
                    Xtemulation Forums - Emulation Support

Comment

Originally Posted by muffinhead View Post
                      ...and protect the originals from damage.

I can't live without my Daemon Tools...

That's why I buy Securom or Safedisc Protected games...
                      psssst, how about also paying a lousy $US20 for daemon tools ??? 100+ posts and registered since '05. interesting choice, no ?

Comment

I think no matter what new features the Starforce developers come up with and how convincing their updates sound, they will find it hard convincing the public that their protection is safe and they are a company that can be trusted! There has been too much controversy in the past.

There is a huge percentage of hardcore gamers who will not buy games if protected with starforce, you only have to visit many of the online gamer forums to find evidence of this.

It will be a brave games publisher who takes this protection on and risks having their games boycotted by many of their customers.

As for starforce targetting Daemon Tools! it shows that DT developement is a huge concern for them

Comment

Originally Posted by ß View Post
                          psssst, how about also paying a lousy $US20 for daemon tools ??? 100+ posts and registered since '05. interesting choice, no ?
                          I would, but I only recieve money as cash, don't have a bank account, nor a credit or debit card.

I could get my mother to use her card, I just don't know how she would feel with ordering or giving out her number to a website that she never heard of.

I will support daemon-tools as soon as I can get the money and get my mother to use her card.

I know I'm 23 and still living with my parents, not good to be living with them at this age.

I am a bit confused though, I hope you were only joking and not flaming me, it's not really my fault for my current situation, well maybe it is a little

Comment

Nah, it was simply a friendly nudge in the right direction.

Comment

I see, as Soon as I can come up with the money and a way to pay, Daemon-Tools will be first on my list of great apps to support

Comment

Working...
                              X