DT restarts my comp during setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DT restarts my comp during setup

Thought the title says it clearly, I will reiterate.

I just DL'd the ver.4.xxxx 32bit of Deamon Tools (64bit wont start). Immediately after I click accept from the user agreement it says I need to restart mai comp. From what I can tell, it doesn't even seem as if it loads any files. When I click ok it restarts the comp and as soon as it does, when the comp reboots it goes to a black screen with a with flashing underscore in the top left of the screen.

on a side note, If I ever get this working would I ever be able to put this on a portable device (i.e. external hard drive, ipod, etc.)? Or does this program save information to the registry and not .ini files(or whatever)?

Thank you for your time and I hope you guys can help me.

Edit: also, I am running on Windows XP SP2. I tryed installing an older version of DT and got to the assigning dives section. it installed some files then said to restart. when it restarted, it hung on the same black page as before. I turned off mai comp, then turned it back on. I clicked the .exe that it left in it's file, and it gave me a warning window and said it was missing Deamon.dll then doesn't start up.

Comment

I think you're going to have to give ALOT more detail about your PC for anyone to be able to help you.

For one thing, what Chipset does your motherboard use. Do you have the latest chipset drivers installed?

You mentioned the '64-bit version' won't start. Did you try to install a 64-bit program onto a 32-bit Windows XP environment??? This could have royally screwed up some things....

Also, are you running an Anti-Virus program? Have you scanned recently? How about an Anti-Rootkit program? Scanned recently with that?

Comment

Attempting to install the 64-bit version in 32-bit Windows - or vice versa - will not cause any problems. It will simply not run. Either it will say it's not a valid exe file, or it will state that it's the wrong platform for installation.

Comment

I am running a Pentium 4 under (as I am guessing by a concurance with Jito). I am using Nod32 as an anivirus scanner, but have not used it in a while. I never need to anymore really. and I haven't used a rootkit.

Also, are you running an Anti-Virus program? Have you scanned recently? How about an Anti-Rootkit program? Scanned recently with that?

Comment

Originally Posted by ozzyzorda View Post
            I am running a Pentium 4 under (as I am guessing by a concurance with Jito). I am using Nod32 as an anivirus scanner, but have not used it in a while. I never need to anymore really. and I haven't used a rootkit.

*I tryed to edit but the edit button dissapeared*

but I am running on a 32 bit system

Comment

Originally Posted by ozzyzorda View Post
              I am running a Pentium 4 under (as I am guessing by a concurance with Jito).
              *shudder*

Perish the thought. AMD Athlon64 X2.

Comment

Yeah, I just bought a new rig. nothing serious, bu t when I have a chance I will try to install Daemon.

It's a AMD Atholon XP 2600+
                2.13 GHz
                448 MB RAM

Is dat good?

Comment

I also have a 17" flat panel plasma screen

I payed about $150 for the whole thing, PC and screen.

Comment

Working...
                  X